Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly Challenge #9 Winner
Posted By: Scott Rylance, 02-24-2007, 03:26 AM

First of all, thank you everyone for all of the excellent entries. There are some great shots, and very nice PP work.
The shots that I've chosen as place getters and the winner, are not because I like the shot or not, but how they Post Processed the image to get the result they were happy with.
All were very good, with a lot of hard work put in all round, I'm sure.

Three special mentions this time...in no particular order...
The first mention goes to aabram, a very nice bit of PP work, and certainly adds more punch to the shot.

The second mention goes to Tim (atupdate). Great work on the space craft.

3rd mention goes to James (roentarre). A lot of hard work with a great result. Nicely done.

3rd place goes to Dave Kitson. An excellent piece of PP work, and a bloody good memory.

2nd place is to Artyste. A superb job with a very nice finished image. Excellent!

1st Place is a tie between Randy (Slipchuck) and his better half, hattitudes.
Randy, that is one of the best cloning jobs I've seen so far. I know how hard it is to get the brickwork to line up. Superbly done.
Hattitudes, a beautiful end result....great layout and design. I really liked it. Well done.

Thank you to all the others as well.

Now, because there is a Tie...I'm sure you guys can agree on a theme for the next Challenge, and which of you two will host it.
Views: 2,123
02-24-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congrads to all for putting a fun and sophisticated series of PP work.

Dave Kitson's colour work with photo restoration is incredible. I would never know how to do that so well!

Artyste's post processing attitude is something I have to learn it from. Usually I saw a photo with many opportunities and possibilities, I usually left it unprocessed and could not bother to do much with them. His post made me feel so guilty of "deleting" so manu potential good images!!

Congrads to Randy and his better half, hattitude. You two are a pair of artistic couple. Looking forward to the next challenge

p.s. Scott, you had a tough task for this challenge. You were the starter of the thread at beginning. Look how this had grown!
02-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
thank you!

On behalf of Hattitudes (Darlene) and myself I would like to thank you and everyone who participated in this contest. all of you had really great shots, and I would have chosen anyone of them as a winner

I will be posting the next weekly contest shortly..

thanks again

randy and darlene
02-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Hey! Thanks for the nod I was worried about having to host another challenge again so soon.. I'm entirely out of ideas.

I have to admit though, that that one shot *IS* the best cloning job I have ever seen.. ever.. but then, that's because it was pointed out. I bet I've seen plenty of photos that had fantastic cloning jobs, but we'd never know. Makes a person wonder now.. hmmmmmm...

Anyway, congrats to the winners.. look forward to the next one.

02-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice work everyone, really enjoyed your postrprocessing creativity! Randy - congrats!

Regards,
D