Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
#425 - WINNERS - Street Photography
Posted By: Hattifnatt, 07-03-2018, 02:37 AM

Thanks to all of you who entered this challenge. Unfortunately this time I'm away from home with very limited time so I won't comment on each entry as I usually do, please forgive me and accept my apologies. I've looked at the entries for some time and selected those which I like best. So here goes:

Honorable Mentions: pakinjapan, sealonsf, ramseybuckeye, Bruce Clark, jchorst, JNic66, DeepThrob, lukulele

Third Place: Vaskebjorn

Second Place: nobody and noelcmn

First Place: ngeneous

Congratulations everybody! ngeneous, you're the host of the next challenge!
Views: 663
07-03-2018, 05:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There is something about street photography and B&W that works. Congratulations to the winners and thanks for hosting Hattifnatt.
07-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to all participants especially to ngeneous. Noelcmn, it is an honour to share second place with you.
07-03-2018, 10:50 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another great challenge with some excellent images. Thanks for the mention and congratulations to the winners. Bring on the next one.

07-04-2018, 04:37 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed, another wonderful challenge, and a hearty congratulations to ngenous- gritty attention grabbing shot that! Its wonderful! Worthy winner! And extended to Nobody and Vaskebjorn. And honoured to be awarded 2nd spot, (and equally honoured to share 2nd spot with you Nobody) and not forgetting the HM's pakinjapan, sealonsf, ramseybuckeye, Bruce Clark, jchorst, JNic66, DeepThrob, lukulele. Thanks are in order to Hattifnatt - excellent challenge, and have to agree that there is something about B/W that lends itself so well to Street Photography.
07-04-2018, 04:56 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
and have to agree that there is something about B/W that lends itself so well to Street Photography.
I am into landscape photography mostly and I rely a lot on colors. I can control that by choosing the right moment to shoot, hunting for the good light etc. In street photography, colors can be distracting sometimes... going for B&W allows the viewer to concentrate more on the story... at least that's my theory. Of course there are exceptions - I have seen amazing street shots which are actually based on colors.
07-06-2018, 02:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have discussed with the winner and I hope the thread for the new challenge will start soon