Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
#429 Complementary Colors Winners
Posted By: sealonsf, 6 Days Ago

Thank you everyone for posting your photos. It's never easy to pick just one. I'll mention a few that really caught my eye.

The winner is Hattifnatt with "Man with lifebelts" - the first photo below. It's your turn to host next week's challenge! I kept coming back to this photo - the complementary colors stand out and the photo really tells a story - I like how the man seems to be taking his work seriously in an extreme holiday setting. Congratulations!

The runner ups follow: aaacb (very good concert photo - not easy to do!), atupdate (classic shot - great color, composition and subject matter) and eva (you made a basket of peppers look interesting - love the colors).

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 398
6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wow, this is quite a surprise for me. I looked at the other entries and I didn't really think I have a chance. Thank you! and congratulations to all participants it was an enjoyable challenge.

Regarding my picture, it was taken at the Nangyuan Beach on the Koh Nang Yuan island in the Gulf of Thailand. It's just a wonderful place so I can't help it but place some images below. I have found out that Thailand's beaches are so exotic and full of life that it is easy to snap interesting pictures.

6 Days Ago   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations to the winners.
6 Days Ago   #4
Pentaxian

Congratulations to Hattifnatt and thanks for the recognition on my entry. Great challenge sealonsf and I appreciate the time and efforts you put in to host it.

Tim

6 Days Ago   #5
eva
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations to Hatiffnat and also to aaacb and atupdate.Nice challenge great entries.Photo was taken in Burma not far away from Thailand....
5 Days Ago   #6
Lab
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to the winners and the honorable mentions.
5 Days Ago   #7
Pentaxian

Congrats to Hattifnatt, and thanks for picking my entry as one of the runner ups!
5 Days Ago   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Hattifnatt, beautiful photo. Also the runner ups and all the other photos are great.
I always enjoy this challenge and i am looking forward what the next one will be.

5 Days Ago   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Hattffnatt -wonderful candid shot, and agree with the judge, a story line to clinch it. And I like those shots of life in Thailand. Have a friend living there- Maybe I should go visit! And congrats extended to aaacb, Atupdate and Eva. Thanks Sealonsf for the challenge and Judging exercise. Now to see what Hattifnatt comes up with!
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Maybe I should go visit!
I would say it's something you need to do at least once in a lifetime.
5 Days Ago   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I heartily agree, except ..... Well donations to my intended trip to Thailand will be gratefully received