Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
# 521 - Covering 29 October to 4 November 2018
Posted By: Vaskebjorn, 10-30-2018, 02:50 AM

Welcome to the 521st edition of Picture of the Week (POTW), covering 29 October to 04 November 2018.

I liked last weeks hosting a lot seeing all these marvelous photos and I am confident this time there will be beautiful ones to.
I will start of with a small series of photos taken on a walk in the neighborhood.

POTW is a great spot to show off six or fewer shots you take or are editing within the thread's date range. In other words, you can post your shots from this week AND last week.

To post your great photos, just hit reply and attach away.

Feel free to start immediately.

Please:

• consider including in your post any special circumstances or tips on technique or equipment which might be interesting to others.

• identify your camera and lens if that information is easily available to you.

And please invite other Pentaxians to join us.

Some rules:
1) No theme, just post your favorite pix
2) Six or fewer images per person per thread to prevent thread bloat
3) Any Pentax, Ricoh or Samsung camera, film or digital

The current host will invite a new host via Private Message (PM), but if you are interested and willing to host POTW, please send me a PM, before I contact others.

If possible, the new thread will be linked to the previous one. If the thread doesn't start, please contact the host, via PM. Here are the records of recent POTW thread hosts: 390-406 smf, 407-408ramseybuckeye, 409-411 stubyles, 412-423 SD_Bob, 424-427 dave kitson 428-451 smf 452, 453, 454 StephenHampshire 455 Aslyfox, 456 StepehenHampshire, 457-466 noelcmn, 467 Aslyfox, 469-470 aaacb 471 Madmathmind, 472 Madmathmind, 473 Eva, 474 rjbrett, 475 Aslyfox, 476 - 485 noelcmn, 486 - 488 rjbrett, 489 clackers, 490 - 498 rjbrett, 499 StephenHampshire 500 smf, 501 StephenHampshire, 502-505 Eva, 506-521 Vaskebjorn

The series was launched by Peter Zack.

Thanks very much to all hosts and to everyone who contributes images and comments in these threads

Read more at: # 520 - Covering 22 October to 28 October 2018 - PentaxForums.com

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by Vaskebjorn; 11-03-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Views: 1,864
11-05-2018, 01:36 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Bibendumm,

Welcome to thePOTW, unfortunately i can not see your photo though.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bibendumm Quote
Somewhere on a West Coast: Pentax K-r + Pentax FA 80-320 (170 mm, 8.0, cropped)

---------- Post added 11-05-18 at 01:40 AM ----------

This is a stunning series smf,
I especially like the chameleon and the little frog. But at the end, the frog is my favorite. I like the positioning of the frog as well as all the negative space. It makes is just stunning.
QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote

All of the images were captured with my K-S2. The first four were captured at Mike Moats' excellent fifth annual Macro Photo Conference near Cleveland, Ohio. The colorful shells were captured with a briefly borrowed Lensbaby Velvet 56 lens. For all the other images, I used an older Pentax 100mm macro lens. The last image — for which I also used the 100mm lens — was captured at Kensington Metropark in southeast Michigan. By the way, the critters in the conference photos are a veiled chameleon and an Amazon milk frog. The other image from the conference is a water drop refraction image set up by conference speaker and superb photographer Don Komarechka. He is a master of snowflake close-ups and other challenging work.

Thanks for hosting again, Vaskebjorn. And thanks to all who post here.

---------- Post added 11-05-18 at 01:48 AM ----------

Also a beautiful series again Noel,
Kingfishers are always somewhat problematic. They are to shy and terribly fast (at least the ones we have overhere are fast ). But my favorite of the day is the rose. I love the droplets and the fact that it is just not entirely pristine.

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Thanks for hosting again Vaskebjorn, lovely opening shots, I particularly like the gull one! And as for the other posters here-as usual stunning stuff! smf, that chameleon shot is pure magic! Hope you enter it in the Exclusive Gallery! A quick contribution from me!
Stalked a Little Egret at Zoo Lake the other day.

And super excited to finally get a shot of the Giant Kingfisher at Zoo Lake. 4th time I have seen it there (after doing my daily walk at Zoo for over 18 years- I guess I pretty much know what is new there) , but first time I could get a shot, and only just. Moments later it was off. It is not quite used to the many people walking on the pathway, so it is quite furtive and flies off at the slightest movement.

11-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #17
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Vaskebjorn,
Thanks very much for your comments below!

"This is a stunning series smf,
"I especially like the chameleon and the little frog. But at the end, the frog is my favorite. I like the positioning of the frog as well as all the negative space. It makes is just stunning."

Best wishes,
Stu