Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
# 521 - Covering 29 October to 4 November 2018
Posted By: Vaskebjorn, 10-30-2018, 02:50 AM

Welcome to the 521st edition of Picture of the Week (POTW), covering 29 October to 04 November 2018.

I liked last weeks hosting a lot seeing all these marvelous photos and I am confident this time there will be beautiful ones to.
I will start of with a small series of photos taken on a walk in the neighborhood.

POTW is a great spot to show off six or fewer shots you take or are editing within the thread's date range. In other words, you can post your shots from this week AND last week.

To post your great photos, just hit reply and attach away.

Feel free to start immediately.

Please:

• consider including in your post any special circumstances or tips on technique or equipment which might be interesting to others.

• identify your camera and lens if that information is easily available to you.

And please invite other Pentaxians to join us.

Some rules:
1) No theme, just post your favorite pix
2) Six or fewer images per person per thread to prevent thread bloat
3) Any Pentax, Ricoh or Samsung camera, film or digital

The current host will invite a new host via Private Message (PM), but if you are interested and willing to host POTW, please send me a PM, before I contact others.

If possible, the new thread will be linked to the previous one. If the thread doesn't start, please contact the host, via PM. Here are the records of recent POTW thread hosts: 390-406 smf, 407-408ramseybuckeye, 409-411 stubyles, 412-423 SD_Bob, 424-427 dave kitson 428-451 smf 452, 453, 454 StephenHampshire 455 Aslyfox, 456 StepehenHampshire, 457-466 noelcmn, 467 Aslyfox, 469-470 aaacb 471 Madmathmind, 472 Madmathmind, 473 Eva, 474 rjbrett, 475 Aslyfox, 476 - 485 noelcmn, 486 - 488 rjbrett, 489 clackers, 490 - 498 rjbrett, 499 StephenHampshire 500 smf, 501 StephenHampshire, 502-505 Eva, 506-521 Vaskebjorn

The series was launched by Peter Zack.

Thanks very much to all hosts and to everyone who contributes images and comments in these threads

Read more at: # 520 - Covering 22 October to 28 October 2018 - PentaxForums.com

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 


Last edited by Vaskebjorn; 11-03-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Views: 653
10-31-2018, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
eva
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eva's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 398
After the wild rainy and windy weather, today's been a very nice day suitable for roaming around the city....






















10-31-2018, 10:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Vaskebjorn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Posts: 226
Original Poster
Hi Eva, autumn is especially nice when its not raining. Everything is very colorful.
But today my favorite of the day would be prisoner number 013. Itís a beautiful photo fitting the period. And he chose a good location for being lock up. The bar seems well stocked.

QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
After the wild rainy and windy weather, today's been a very nice day suitable for roaming around the city....
10-31-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
eva
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eva's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 398
QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
Hi Eva, autumn is especially nice when its not raining. Everything is very colorful.
But today my favorite of the day would be prisoner number 013. Itís a beautiful photo fitting the period. And he chose a good location for being lock up. The bar seems well stocked.

Thx Richard for your kind words.I like your photos ,especially nr 2 .That water looks very nice.

10-31-2018, 04:44 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,022
Scanned ones of the rolls I got back from the lab. This one is portra 400, I made some adjustments from scanned tiff in darktable (sharpen, levels, color)








edit: one from another roll, portra 160 (m 135 f/3.5)



Last edited by aaacb; 10-31-2018 at 07:23 PM.
11-01-2018, 03:18 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Vaskebjorn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Posts: 226
Original Poster
Thanks Eva,
I wouldnít want to swim in it though
QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
Thx Richard for your kind words.I like your photos ,especially nr 2 .That water looks very nice.


---------- Post added 11-01-18 at 03:26 AM ----------

Kudos to you aaacb for still using film. I can remember it from a long time ago. I stil have a massive load of boxes stored away with all the photos. Itís more of a surprise to see what comes back. You did not make it wasy this time with your photos. I was a bit torn between the one with the starburst / round windows and the tetris building for being such a different facade. At the end I think i like the window the best. It is dark and has these nice colorful autmny colors in the background. And of course the little starburst (or would it be called sunburst) adds to athe whole setting.

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Scanned ones of the rolls I got back from the lab. This one is portra 400, I made some adjustments from scanned tiff in darktable (sharpen, levels, color)
11-01-2018, 05:37 AM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,022
QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote

[/COLOR]Kudos to you aaacb for still using film. I can remember it from a long time ago. I stil have a massive load of boxes stored away with all the photos. Itís more of a surprise to see what comes back. You did not make it wasy this time with your photos. I was a bit torn between the one with the starburst / round windows and the tetris building for being such a different facade. At the end I think i like the window the best. It is dark and has these nice colorful autmny colors in the background. And of course the little starburst (or would it be called sunburst) adds to athe whole setting.
Thanks for the comments
For most of the time I've been taking pictures, digital has been an option, but I like film just as much.
11-03-2018, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 293
A late floral posting - the Grevillea was taken with K5 & Cosina Cosinon 50mm f1.8, the Perennial Stocks with the K5 & Industar 50-2 50mm f3.5 & 11mm ext tube, and the Jacaranda & Golden Penda with my Optio A30;









I have also posted the second Perennial stock photo in the newly created "In Between Flowers" thread.

11-04-2018, 01:17 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Vaskebjorn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Posts: 226
Original Poster
Very nice amd colorful series rjbrett,
I always like floral photos because of the striking colors they can have and the intricate forms.
My favorite one would be the first one. I did not know grevillea, but at the first glance i thought it was coral (to my excuse, I never saw ďwildĒ coral before). You know, Pentax is wr

QuoteOriginally posted by rjbrett Quote
A late floral posting - the Grevillea was taken with K5 & Cosina Cosinon 50mm f1.8, the Perennial Stocks with the K5 & Industar 50-2 50mm f3.5 & 11mm ext tube, and the Jacaranda & Golden Penda with my Optio A30;

I have also posted the second Perennial stock photo in the newly created "In Between Flowers" thread.
11-04-2018, 01:45 AM - 2 Likes   #10
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Somewhere on a West Coast: Pentax K-r + Pentax FA 80-320 (170 mm, 8.0, cropped)
11-04-2018, 04:02 AM   #11
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 293
QuoteOriginally posted by Bibendumm Quote
Somewhere on a West Coast: Pentax K-r + Pentax FA 80-320 (170 mm, 8.0, cropped)
That's a nice happy hazy chaos of windsurfers Bibendumm! - love the blues, and the photo has a really nice feel to it.

---------- Post added 11-04-18 at 04:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
Very nice amd colorful series rjbrett,
I always like floral photos because of the striking colors they can have and the intricate forms.
My favorite one would be the first one. I did not know grevillea, but at the first glance i thought it was coral (to my excuse, I never saw “wild” coral before). You know, Pentax is wr
thank you Richard - it's actually a bunch of flowers clustered together. There are many varieties of grevillea, one of our very distinctive native plants, bred for landscaping. Each flower has many florets borne along a central stem.

Last edited by rjbrett; 11-04-2018 at 04:08 AM.
11-04-2018, 04:59 AM - 3 Likes   #12
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
smf's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Midland, MI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,903










All of the images were captured with my K-S2. The first four were captured at Mike Moats' excellent fifth annual Macro Photo Conference near Cleveland, Ohio. The colorful shells were captured with a briefly borrowed Lensbaby Velvet 56 lens. For all the other images, I used an older Pentax 100mm macro lens. The last image — for which I also used the 100mm lens — was captured at Kensington Metropark in southeast Michigan. By the way, the critters in the conference photos are a veiled chameleon and an Amazon milk frog. The other image from the conference is a water drop refraction image set up by conference speaker and superb photographer Don Komarechka. He is a master of snowflake close-ups and other challenging work.

Thanks for hosting again, Vaskebjorn. And thanks to all who post here.
11-04-2018, 05:25 AM   #13
eva
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eva's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 398
QuoteOriginally posted by Bibendumm Quote
Somewhere on a West Coast: Pentax K-r + Pentax FA 80-320 (170 mm, 8.0, cropped)
Can't see your photo! uf, suddenly appeared up.Strange.
very nice photo .Like it a lot
11-04-2018, 05:46 AM - 2 Likes   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Africa-Johannesburg
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,107
Thanks for hosting again Vaskebjorn, lovely opening shots, I particularly like the gull one! And as for the other posters here-as usual stunning stuff! smf, that chameleon shot is pure magic! Hope you enter it in the Exclusive Gallery! A quick contribution from me!
Stalked a Little Egret at Zoo Lake the other day.


And this juvenile swallow was unperturbed by my close presence


And super excited to finally get a shot of the Giant Kingfisher at Zoo Lake. 4th time I have seen it there (after doing my daily walk at Zoo for over 18 years- I guess I pretty much know what is new there) , but first time I could get a shot, and only just. Moments later it was off. It is not quite used to the many people walking on the pathway, so it is quite furtive and flies off at the slightest movement.


After a BIG Storm-complete with hail stones.


From yesterday's visit to Rabie Ridge Bird Sanctuary


Thick billed Weaver
11-04-2018, 06:00 AM   #15
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
smf's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Midland, MI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,903
Thanks very much, Noel — both for posting your delightful images and for your comment on my photo. Best wishes to all!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
100mm, chameleon, conference, eva, frog, grevillea, host, image, images, lens, october, pentax, photos, post, potw, shot, starburst, thanks, thread, time, zoo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picture of the Week # 520 - Covering 22 October to 28 October 2018 Vaskebjorn Weekly Photo Challenges 10 10-29-2018 01:50 PM
Picture of the Week # 519 - Covering 15 October to 21 October 2018 Vaskebjorn Weekly Photo Challenges 7 10-21-2018 01:09 PM
Picture of the Week # 518 - Covering 08 October to 14 October 2018 Vaskebjorn Weekly Photo Challenges 4 10-14-2018 11:54 AM
Picture of the Week # 517 - Covering 01 October to 07 October 2018 Vaskebjorn Weekly Photo Challenges 6 10-07-2018 08:24 PM
Picture of the Week Picture of the Week (POTY) # 482- period covering 29 November- 14 December 2017 noelcmn Weekly Photo Challenges 5 12-13-2017 03:02 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:12 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top