Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
# 523 - Covering 12 November to 18 November 2018
Posted By: Vaskebjorn, 11-12-2018, 12:27 AM

Welcome to the 523rd edition of Picture of the Week (POTW), covering 12 November to 18 November 2018.

I liked last weeks hosting a lot seeing all these marvelous photos and I am confident this time there will be beautiful ones to.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get some photos (yet) so I am not to include any (yet). But I do expect a lot of beautiful photos anyway.

POTW is a great spot to show off six or fewer shots you take or are editing within the thread's date range. In other words, you can post your shots from this week AND last week.

To post your great photos, just hit reply and attach away.

Feel free to start immediately.

Please:

• consider including in your post any special circumstances or tips on technique or equipment which might be interesting to others.

• identify your camera and lens if that information is easily available to you.

And please invite other Pentaxians to join us.

Some rules:
1) No theme, just post your favorite pix
2) Six or fewer images per person per thread to prevent thread bloat
3) Any Pentax, Ricoh or Samsung camera, film or digital

The current host will invite a new host via Private Message (PM), but if you are interested and willing to host POTW, please send me a PM, before I contact others.

If possible, the new thread will be linked to the previous one. If the thread doesn't start, please contact the host, via PM. Here are the records of recent POTW thread hosts: 390-406 smf, 407-408ramseybuckeye, 409-411 stubyles, 412-423 SD_Bob, 424-427 dave kitson 428-451 smf 452, 453, 454 StephenHampshire 455 Aslyfox, 456 StepehenHampshire, 457-466 noelcmn, 467 Aslyfox, 469-470 aaacb 471 Madmathmind, 472 Madmathmind, 473 Eva, 474 rjbrett, 475 Aslyfox, 476 - 485 noelcmn, 486 - 488 rjbrett, 489 clackers, 490 - 498 rjbrett, 499 StephenHampshire 500 smf, 501 StephenHampshire, 502-505 Eva, 506-523 Vaskebjorn

The series was launched by Peter Zack.

Thanks very much to all hosts and to everyone who contributes images and comments in these threads

Read more at: # 522 - Covering 05 November to 11 November 2018 - PentaxForums.com
Views: 1,573
11-12-2018, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, I guess I'll start it off! Thanks Vaskebjorn for kicking things off!

My wife and I went for a nice hike yesterday on the Hong Kong Trail. Afterwards we got some urban hiking in on the way to lunch in Lan Kwai Fong.

The first photo here is of St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Hong Kong. The other is just a shot of some urban hiking with the iconic Bank of China tower in the background. Both were taken with my K-5 and DA 16-85 (have I mentioned what a great walk-around lens that is?).

Have a great week!
Attached Images

11-12-2018, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This other one is from a short hike, stitched 3 vertical photos in hugin

(k10d, da 16-85)

These are from a show at Boston Hassle Fest. I didn't think to bring a flash, but one of the bands had strobes, which allowed me to shoot bursts of photos with a longer shutter speed (1/15s) to catch a strobe firing (not too long to avoid multiple exposures). Autofocus worked perfectly fine in this setting, where the lighting was either strobe light or near complete darkness.

(k3ii, da21)
11-13-2018, 12:09 AM - 3 Likes   #4
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

11-13-2018, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Good photos nosliwmit. I really like the first one due to its odd architecture. By the way, is it me or is the second one slightly tilted.
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
Well, I guess I'll start it off! Thanks Vaskebjorn for kicking things off!

My wife and I went for a nice hike yesterday on the Hong Kong Trail. Afterwards we got some urban hiking in on the way to lunch in Lan Kwai Fong.

The first photo here is of St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Hong Kong. The other is just a shot of some urban hiking with the iconic Bank of China tower in the background. Both were taken with my K-5 and DA 16-85 (have I mentioned what a great walk-around lens that is?).

Have a great week!

---------- Post added 11-13-18 at 10:42 AM ----------

It looks like you tried to make taking photos a bit more complicated aaacb. The photos turned out really good i would say.
My favorite would be the last one. You managed to capture the back and forth between the singer and the public very well, even without a flash
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
This other one is from a short hike, stitched 3 vertical photos in hugin
(k10d, da 16-85)

These are from a show at Boston Hassle Fest. I didn't think to bring a flash, but one of the bands had strobes, which allowed me to shoot bursts of photos with a longer shutter speed (1/15s) to catch a strobe firing (not too long to avoid multiple exposures). Autofocus worked perfectly fine in this setting, where the lighting was either strobe light or near complete darkness.
(k3ii, da21)

---------- Post added 11-13-18 at 10:45 AM ----------

You do not make it easy eva. A good series of photos of a city walk (i guess).
My favorite is the reindeer (i also guess) with the guitar

11-14-2018, 12:15 AM   #6
eva
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
Good photos nosliwmit. I really like the first one due to its odd architecture. By the way, is it me or is the second one slightly tilted.

---------- Post added 11-13-18 at 10:42 AM ----------

It looks like you tried to make taking photos a bit more complicated aaacb. The photos turned out really good i would say.
My favorite would be the last one. You managed to capture the back and forth between the singer and the public very well, even without a flash

---------- Post added 11-13-18 at 10:45 AM ----------

You do not make it easy eva. A good series of photos of a city walk (i guess).
My favorite is the reindeer (i also guess) with the guitar
Correct guesswork Vaskebjorn.It was St.Martin's Saturday,top performance was Ljubljana wine route with presentation top Slovenian wines and cousine.There are quite a few things that happen at this time, there was an extraordinary amount of musicians.Raindeer,3cellos,drunken pirats...Nice day for walking around.
11-15-2018, 11:35 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for hosting again Vaskebjorn. Great shots this week, especially like Eva's opening shot! A contribution from me, mostly from my Daily In Challenge, where the theme is Monovember

Gosling Season is still on the go at Zoo Lake

These are are playing dangerously-atop an electrical mini substation

From a short session in the garden. removing weeds and cutting grass, along came a spider.

When you are, Dandelions are sure to pep you up

11-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great series again Noel,
A lot of very diverse photos. My favorite would be the dandelion, through your editing it is almost an abstract artpiece in my opinion. Very worthy for a wall piece

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Thanks for hosting again Vaskebjorn. Great shots this week, especially like Eva's opening shot! A contribution from me, mostly from my Daily In Challenge, where the theme is Monovember
11-18-2018, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

POTW--#523---11/12 to 11/18

In and around the town & home (Greater Philadelphia).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
11-19-2018, 01:10 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I do not remember seeing you in POTW before, therefore, welcome in this fantastic challenge.
You posted a nice series of photos with very “different” cameras I noticed.
But in the end I think my favorite would have to be the first on, even though i am a dog lover. It is very tasteful

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
In and around the town & home (Greater Philadelphia).
11-19-2018, 02:50 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do not remember seeing you in POTW before, therefore, welcome in this fantastic challenge.
You posted a nice series of photos with very “different” cameras I noticed.
But in the end I think my favorite would have to be the first on, even though i am a dog lover. It is very tasteful
Yes Vaskebjorn, I am a first time poster, though I am a long-term Pentax owner....have only been a Forum member for a few months and the Site Postings are numerous. Stumbled on this site and enjoyed viewing others' perspectives 'through the lens'...always exciting to watch other photographic stylings....Thanks for the feedback.
11-19-2018, 10:33 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Atrium at Liberty Place--2 Views

Was walking around Center City Philadelphia and was in the center of the rotunda at the Liberty Place, I looked up, saw the view of Liberty Two through the Atrium and had to snap it--the second pic is of the side of the Atrium facing West against the other high rises on Market Street.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
11-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice photos Merv-O. They remind me a lot off the Sony center in Berlin. I have some photos, but could nit find them on the go.
By the way, the new challenge is open, feel free to post in that one .

Was walking around Center City Philadelphia and was in the center of the rotunda at the Liberty Place, I looked up, saw the view of Liberty Two through the Atrium and had to snap it--the second pic is of the side of the Atrium facing West against the other high rises on Market Street.
11-19-2018, 11:19 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice photos Merv-O. They remind me a lot off the Sony center in Berlin. I have some photos, but could nit find them on the go.
By the way, the new challenge is open, feel free to post in that one .
Thank you Vaskebjorn, like you, I enjoy capturing a moment to relive later on (isn't that the essence of photography?)….I would love to see Berlin in its modernity, particularly after the re-unification.
11-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
You really should if you have the possibility. For us/me it is “just” a 650km drive. I have been there a lot. I really like it around Christmas, but any other season is also great.
Try to get a hotel at the Kurfursten Damm. The rest of Berlin can be done on foot or public transport
Thank you Vaskebjorn, like you, I enjoy capturing a moment to relive later on (isn't that the essence of photography?)….I would love to see Berlin in its modernity, particularly after the re-unification.