Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread

# 525 - Covering 26 November to 02 December 2018
Posted By: Vaskebjorn, 11-26-2018, 03:40 AM

Welcome to the 525th edition of Picture of the Week (POTW), covering 26 November to 02 December 2018.

I liked last weeks hosting a lot seeing all these marvelous photos and I am confident this time there will be beautiful ones to.
This week I was not able to get some photo to start the challenge however, I do expect a lot of photos from fellow pentaxians.

POTW is a great spot to show off six or fewer shots you take or are editing within the thread's date range. In other words, you can post your shots from this week AND last week.

To post your great photos, just hit reply and attach away.

Feel free to start immediately.

Please:

• consider including in your post any special circumstances or tips on technique or equipment which might be interesting to others.

• identify your camera and lens if that information is easily available to you.

And please invite other Pentaxians to join us.

Some rules:
1) No theme, just post your favorite pix
2) Six or fewer images per person per thread to prevent thread bloat
3) Any Pentax, Ricoh or Samsung camera, film or digital

The current host will invite a new host via Private Message (PM), but if you are interested and willing to host POTW, please send me a PM, before I contact others.

If possible, the new thread will be linked to the previous one. If the thread doesn't start, please contact the host, via PM. Here are the records of recent POTW thread hosts: 390-406 smf, 407-408ramseybuckeye, 409-411 stubyles, 412-423 SD_Bob, 424-427 dave kitson 428-451 smf 452, 453, 454 StephenHampshire 455 Aslyfox, 456 StepehenHampshire, 457-466 noelcmn, 467 Aslyfox, 469-470 aaacb 471 Madmathmind, 472 Madmathmind, 473 Eva, 474 rjbrett, 475 Aslyfox, 476 - 485 noelcmn, 486 - 488 rjbrett, 489 clackers, 490 - 498 rjbrett, 499 StephenHampshire 500 smf, 501 StephenHampshire, 502-505 Eva, 506-525 Vaskebjorn

The series was launched by Peter Zack.

Thanks very much to all hosts and to everyone who contributes images and comments in these threads

Read more at: # 524 - Covering 19 November to 25 November 2018 - PentaxForums.com
Views: 1,998
11-30-2018, 06:15 AM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for hosting again Vaskebjorn, and as usual some interesting and wonderful images. Merv-O, I hope your daughter does not have copyright on that idea as I'm stealing it. My shoes are scattered all over the bedroom .

The school year has ended in South Africa, and for those doing the last grade of their schooling career, they have what is known as a "banquet". A huge social thing, with families, friends and neighbors celebrating with the incumbent. I have about 5 young people who finished their school careers, and some of them asked me to take some photos of their special event, their "Banquet". Here are 3 of them.

Check out the hairstyle and the earings

And Mr Cool himself

Cousin to the young men above

It's not Gin and Tonic, but Red Bush tea

And a Grandpa in my congregation enjoying some grandchildren's affection

11-30-2018, 06:55 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
My daughter's unique shoe storage system
This makes me feel a little better about my huge lens collection. :-)

QuoteOriginally posted by AsahiGlass Quote
Lake Worth Pier Shot only moonlight, Takumar 55 1.8, shot at f/4 for 6 sec.
Nice one. I love how the huge legs of the pier make it look like a giant caterpillar.

---------- Post added 30th Nov 2018 at 07:57 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
I am always a bit amazed by the street numbering in the US
Thanks for your comments, Vaskebjorn. Street numbering in central downtown areas isn't all that uncommon, especially in the eastern half of the US. KC is a bit different, as they continue numbering the streets right on past the city limits both to the north and to the south. E-W running streets are numbered, and N-S running streets are named. Not everywhere in the city, but definitely in the central parts.

---------- Post added 30th Nov 2018 at 07:58 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
some of them asked me to take some photos of their special event
Great series as usual, Noel. The first two are especially fantastic!
11-30-2018, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
This makes me feel a little better about my huge lens collection. :-)

Nice one. I love how the huge legs of the pier make it look like a giant caterpillar.

---------- Post added 30th Nov 2018 at 07:57 AM ----------

Thanks for your comments, Vaskebjorn. Street numbering in central downtown areas isn't all that uncommon, especially in the eastern half of the US. KC is a bit different, as they continue numbering the streets right on past the city limits both to the north and to the south. E-W running streets are numbered, and N-S running streets are named. Not everywhere in the city, but definitely in the central parts.

---------- Post added 30th Nov 2018 at 07:58 AM ----------

Great series as usual, Noel. The first two are especially fantastic!
Great pics everyone....so cool to see the diversity of subject matter and the great quality of images in this Thread...I also appreciate your comments about my daughter's shoe filing system. I'm going to have to tell her I posted the pic on the Forum--I'll hear about that one for sure...
11-30-2018, 08:13 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great pics everyone....so cool to see the diversity of subject matter and the great quality of images in this Thread...I also appreciate your comments about my daughter's shoe filing system. I'm going to have to tell her I posted the pic on the Forum--I'll hear about that one for sure...
I can offer life insurance

11-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Marvelous series again noelcmn.
I am not really a gin tonic guy so tea is good
Imhave therefore two other favorites. I really like the first photo of the young lady. One of the better portraits i have ever seen and I am also not a portrait person. Really classy and a little touch of nostalgia, also not to processed. Great shot. My other favorite is the last one. The grandpa with the grandchildren. His very big smile is showing his joy.

The school year has ended in South Africa, and for those doing the last grade of their schooling career, they have what is known as a "banquet". A huge social thing, with families, friends and neighbors celebrating with the incumbent. I have about 5 young people who finished their school careers, and some of them asked me to take some photos of their special event, their "Banquet". Here are 3 of them.
11-30-2018, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Santas Through the Generations Exhibit--Bellevue Hyatt Lobby, Phila PA

Santas of various cultures and historical evolution.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
12-01-2018, 01:09 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Looks like you are on a photo-taking spree
Great series of Santas. There must be a favorite Santa for everyone. I like both, but the first one has to be favorite. The reason for that being there are 3.

Santas of various cultures and historical evolution.

12-01-2018, 02:02 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
Looks like you are on a photo-taking spree
Great series of Santas. There must be a favorite Santa for everyone. I like both, but the first one has to be favorite. The reason for that being there are 3.
Thanks Vaskebjorn....I liked them all. I was walking through the lobby at the Bellevue and had my KP with a new 40mm f2.8 XS pancake and just started snapping photos of the Santas...they look very lifelike and the common Santa theme has to be the long white beard.
12-02-2018, 03:07 AM - 3 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Ishow this one last week, but only decided to keep it while reviewing what was on the card before deleting them.
I think #1 is fantastic!

QuoteOriginally posted by AsahiGlass Quote
new pic!!! my bad...Lake Worth Pier Shot only moonlight, Takumar 55 1.8, shot at f/4 for 6 sec.
Also a great shot. Beautiful color on the pier.

The school year has ended in South Africa, and for those doing the last grade of their schooling career, they have what is known as a "banquet"
Great series. I especially like the teddy bear shot and the grandpa shot!

Yesterday I went with a group to visit some WWII-era ruins in Hong Kong, on the Wong Nai Chung Gap trail. The Japanese invaded Hong Kong on 8 December 1941. The defenders were outnumbered and overwhelmed and, despite a spirited defense, it was all over by Christmas day. There are still some bunkers and pill-boxes on Hong Kong Island.

#1 A bag-piper who was out touring the site with a group from (I think) the Royal Asiatic Society.
#2 Mt. Nicholson from the trail.
#3 Longevity Bridge at Tin Hau Temple in Repulse Bay (where we ended up for lunch)
#4 A group of photographers shooting a model in Soho

All taken with my K-5 and DA 16-85...
Attached Images

12-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
All good photos here, but this is my favorite. Such fantastic pastel-like colors on my screen. Hang it up!
12-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great series nosliwmit.
I really like the first one. It almost could have been a period authentic photo.
I think the last one has a bit to much nikon .

QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
I think #1 is fantastic!

Also a great shot. Beautiful color on the pier.

Great series. I especially like the teddy bear shot and the grandpa shot!

Yesterday I went with a group to visit some WWII-era ruins in Hong Kong, on the Wong Nai Chung Gap trail. The Japanese invaded Hong Kong on 8 December 1941. The defenders were outnumbered and overwhelmed and, despite a spirited defense, it was all over by Christmas day. There are still some bunkers and pill-boxes on Hong Kong Island.

#1 A bag-piper who was out touring the site with a group from (I think) the Royal Asiatic Society.
#3 Longevity Bridge at Tin Hau Temple in Repulse Bay (where we ended up for lunch)
#4 A group of photographers shooting a model in Soho

All taken with my K-5 and DA 16-85...