Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
POTW #528- Covering the period 09 December - 23 December 2018
Posted By: noelcmn, 12-18-2018, 12:43 AM

Welcome to the 528th edition of Picture of the Week (POTW), covering 09 December to 23 December 2018.

POTW is a great spot to show off six or fewer shots you take or are editing within the thread's date range. In other words, you can post your shots from this week AND last week.

To post your great photos, just hit reply and attach away.

Feel free to start immediately.

Please:

• consider including in your post any special circumstances or tips on technique or equipment which might be interesting to others.

• identify your camera and lens if that information is easily available to you.

And please invite other Pentaxians to join us.

Some rules:
1) No theme, just post your favorite pix
2) Six or fewer images per person per thread to prevent thread bloat
3) Any Pentax, Ricoh or Samsung camera, film or digital

The current host will invite a new host via Private Message (PM), but if you are interested and willing to host POTW, please send me a PM, before I contact others.

If possible, the new thread will be linked to the previous one. If the thread doesn't start, please contact the host, via PM. Here are the records of recent POTW thread hosts: 390-406 smf, 407-408ramseybuckeye, 409-411 stubyles, 412-423 SD_Bob, 424-427 dave kitson 428-451 smf 452, 453, 454 StephenHampshire 455 Aslyfox, 456 StepehenHampshire, 457-466 noelcmn, 467 Aslyfox, 469-470 aaacb 471 Madmathmind, 472 Madmathmind, 473 Eva, 474 rjbrett, 475 Aslyfox, 476 - 485 noelcmn, 486 - 488 rjbrett, 489 clackers, 490 - 498 rjbrett, 499 StephenHampshire 500 smf, 501 StephenHampshire, 502-505 Eva, 506-525 Vaskebjorn, 526 noelcmn, 527 noelcmn

The series was launched by Peter Zack.

Thanks very much to all hosts and to everyone who contributes images and comments in these threads. And we warmly welcome any new contributions, especially from new joiners.

Read more at: POTW #527 - Covering period 2 December - 16 December 2018- - PentaxForums.com
Views: 1,919
12-23-2018, 04:20 AM - 2 Likes   #16
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
From today.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
12-23-2018, 05:02 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Noel for hosting, & Seasons Greetings to all;

Pentax K5 & Cosina Cosinon 50mm f1.8 @ f2
12-23-2018, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote

I went to a World Wildlife Federation (WWF) nature preserve in Hong Kong yesterday called Mai Po. It's a wetland, sandwiched between the mega-cities of Hong Kong and Shenzhen, that is home to a lot of birds. The treat for the day was a group of black-faced spoonbills.they're an endangered species with about 4000 individuals left. Saw some gorgeous grey herons too. All of these were taken with my K-5 and my DA*300.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
The #1 Magic forest is magic!

And #3 herron portrait is seriously cool bird

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all!
12-23-2018, 07:11 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
We are rocking again this week.
Agree with Merv-O about that Crab shot Nosliwmit! But I like the last one best, super colors and fab story line to that.
Eva, as usual, fab stub from you, fun and engaging. That contraption on the skate board is hilarious! And there I though these things only happen in South Africa. One for the " Travel Truisms". My favorite is those two women and their dogs. Are they at an ATM? Beautiful composition!
Rjbrett-Festive bokeh! Great shot!

Keep them coming folks. A few more hours before we get to the next POTW. And hoping you all are preparing to take plenty photos for the Christmas edition of POTW.

12-23-2018, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

And a few I took last week.

That one I was testing my new to me WR 18-55mm f3.5-something, metal mount lens I bought off a forum member.

This one for a SIC, I've been not getting many SIC shot this month because of weather conditions here. Rain and/or colder than normal temps. Butt his guy was accommodating as he sat eating an acorn.

And this shows my lack of skills when it comes to shooting Christmas lights. I still haven't mastered it so I used flash to show off my brother's Christmas village. : ( Not the shot I wanted though.

BTW, Noel, my youngest granddaughter was born on January 7th, she'll be 26 this coming birthday.
12-23-2018, 07:46 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
That's interesting Photolady! I know a few others born on that day! Btw, Mom and dad had a 2nd set of twins a year and 10 days, and the following year another sibling arrived. That makes 5 babies under 2. MMmmm, all I can say is " there was no TV in those days" . Not sure why you are unhappy with the Christmas village, its very nice, super details. And I gather you like Squirrels. nice shot!

Keep them coming folks!
12-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
That's interesting Photolady! I know a few others born on that day! Btw, Mom and dad had a 2nd set of twins a year and 10 days, and the following year another sibling arrived. That makes 5 babies under 2. MMmmm, all I can say is " there was no TV in those days" . Not sure why you are unhappy with the Christmas village, its very nice, super details. And I gather you like Squirrels. nice shot!

Keep them coming folks!
My mom and dad had 11 children. Two of my sisters were born a day apart one year apart making them, a day of being a year older than than the other, sister nearest in age to me, was born on the 22nd, my other sister next to her, was born on the 23rd, so for one day each year, my two sisters were the same age. Uh, we had no TV when my siblings were made either. LOL Nor when I was made either.

Thanks for the comments on the village. it's just I really wanted to show the lights with the village lit up. Maybe I'll keep practicing and next year it will happen.

12-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, Well, if all my siblings lived we would have made a nice rugby team of 15. Two miscarriages, and 1 died in infancy, and one died at aged 7, just after we were born, of Meningitis. No cure or prevention then. So we equaled your tally of 11! I was a friend to a family that had 16 children, all raised by a single mother! Hectic I tell you. Currently, in my circle of friends and acquaintances the highest tally is 7- still hectic, but I guess if you are a millionaire, that is no big deal!

"Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years." Every time I read this I crack up laughing!
12-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yes, Well, if all my siblings lived we would have made a nice rugby team of 15. Two miscarriages, and 1 died in infancy, and one died at aged 7, just after we were born, of Meningitis. No cure or prevention then. So we equaled your tally of 11! I was a friend to a family that had 16 children, all raised by a single mother! Hectic I tell you. Currently, in my circle of friends and acquaintances the highest tally is 7- still hectic, but I guess if you are a millionaire, that is no big deal!

"Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years." Every time I read this I crack up laughing!
We had one brother who died in infancy, no idea the reason, as I wasn't told why. I have no idea if my mom had miscarriages either, that was something we didn't talk about in our family. One of my sisters, had 10 children, of which six are still alive. Among living children of my mom and dad, there are only five of us left now. Three girls and the two boys. Unfortunately for me, I live with the two boys. LOL Just kidding, we get along pretty good most of time, except when the youngest of the two boys, throws a temper tantrum. See he is the baby boy and I am the baby girl, we clash.

Glad you enjoy my signature!
12-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #25
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We are rocking again this week.
Agree with Merv-O about that Crab shot Nosliwmit! But I like the last one best, super colors and fab story line to that.
Eva, as usual, fab stub from you, fun and engaging. That contraption on the skate board is hilarious! And there I though these things only happen in South Africa. One for the " Travel Truisms". My favorite is those two women and their dogs. Are they at an ATM? Beautiful composition!
Rjbrett-Festive bokeh! Great shot!

Keep them coming folks. A few more hours before we get to the next POTW. And hoping you all are preparing to take plenty photos for the Christmas edition of POTW.

Thanks for your kind words noelcmn.Two women with dogs: i think that they looking at store window.Merry Christmas to all of you.
12-23-2018, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #26
Forum Member

Here is mine POTW - purists cover your eyes and look away now :-)

Not with my Pentax, but it's Samsung camera-ish phone LOL

It's Merry Christmassy seriously grainy photo and I was a little drunk too, but I do like it:

12-23-2018, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfie665 Quote
It's Merry Christmassy seriously grainy photo and I was a little drunk too, but I do like it:
I don't drink and any photo with my ZTE phone would be worse than that, that's why I use my Pentax. I can't for the life me hold my phone still to take photos.
But in the rules, I don't think the Samsung he was walking about was phone.

Any Pentax, Ricoh or Samsung camera, film or digital
12-23-2018, 11:04 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wolfie665- festive is the word, despite the grain and evidence of a somewhat lopsided photographer .

The new POTW will be up shortly!