Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Winners Weekly Challenge #446 - Busy
Posted By: aaacb, 01-25-2019, 01:18 AM

Thanks all for the the submissions, and for letting me host.

====

Hattifnatt - there are layers in the photo, and it gives a sense of atmosphere a few distractions, primarily the headstock blocking the drummer's face

Vaskebjorn - almost like a pattern with the railings

Bruce Clark - nice light, there's a primary subject, then the sense of depth, and the cherry on top is the nicely isolated lamp post

SpecialK - the glow is beautiful, makes the shot for a classic landmark, and there's also something unique (the crowd)

RGlasel - I like the flowers with hints of in-progress garden work

atupdate - lots to explore and subjects are well defined, mono works great here because there's contrast (light hat against dark trees, dark hat against white barn, etc)

sealonsf - beautiful clouds

djb47 - lots of interesting little things to look at, if only the yellow thing was more central for a subject

ramseybuckeye - lol I'd be curious to learn more about the setting, was is Halloween?

bigoak - Popular spot, maybe wait for something interesting to happen in the foreground?

Merv-O - it's an interesting shot and pose, have you thought about cropping the right side to about where food truck is?

eva - nice timing to get a subject to stand out from the crowd

charliezap - funny photo

jchorst - interesting processing and color

noelcm - a shout-out to the previous challenge?

====

The winner is atupdate

HM to eva, SpecialK, and Bruce Clark
Views: 354
01-25-2019, 02:20 AM   #2
eva
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congats to the winner atupdate and HM's SpecilalK and Bruce Clark.Thank you for choosing my photo among HM.Great challenge.

Last edited by eva; 01-25-2019 at 08:01 AM.
01-25-2019, 04:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Tim, that is a great photo, one that you can look at a long time, it really fits the theme.

aaacb, great challenge, btw my photo was taken while there was a comic con a block away.
01-25-2019, 06:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congatulations to atupdate, SpecilalK and Bruce Clark.

01-25-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks aaacb for the comments and presenting me the honor of hosting the next challenge. I should have it up by the end of the day.

Tim
01-27-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Atupdate, and extended to Eva, SpecialK and Bruce Clarke. Thanks aaacb for the Challenge and comments.