Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
POTW #536 covering period 4 - 17 February 2019
Posted By: noelcmn, 6 Days Ago

Welcome to the 536th edition of Picture of the Week (POTW), covering 4 -17th February 2019. Let's see what you have been shooting these past two weeks. Still the Valentine season, retailers are preparing for he onslaught, and florists are keeping their pockets open! Let's make it the theme for this and the next edition of POTW- Anything to do with LOVE- something or someone you Love, Romance and candlelight dinners, flowers and chocolate, romantic picnics and sunsets! Well, that will give us a few ideas. Take up the challenge and then post here!

POTW is a great spot to show off six or fewer shots you take or are editing within the thread's date range. In other words, you can post your shots from this week AND last week.

To post your great photos, just hit reply and attach away.

Feel free to start immediately.

Please:

• consider including in your post any special circumstances or tips on technique or equipment which might be interesting to others.

• identify your camera and lens if that information is easily available to you.

And please invite other Pentaxians to join us.

Some rules:
1) No theme, just post your favorite pix
2) Six or fewer images per person per thread to prevent thread bloat
3) Any Pentax, Ricoh or Samsung camera, film or digital

The current host will invite a new host via Private Message (PM), but if you are interested and willing to host POTW, please send me a PM, before I contact others.

If possible, the new thread will be linked to the previous one. If the thread doesn't start, please contact the host, via PM. Here are the records of recent POTW thread hosts: 390-406 smf, 407-408ramseybuckeye, 409-411 stubyles, 412-423 SD_Bob, 424-427 dave kitson 428-451 smf 452, 453, 454 StephenHampshire 455 Aslyfox, 456 StepehenHampshire, 457-466 noelcmn, 467 Aslyfox, 469-470 aaacb 471 Madmathmind, 472 Madmathmind, 473 Eva, 474 rjbrett, 475 Aslyfox, 476 - 485 noelcmn, 486 - 488 rjbrett, 489 clackers, 490 - 498 rjbrett, 499 StephenHampshire 500 smf, 501 StephenHampshire, 502-505 Eva, 506-525 Vaskebjorn, 526 noelcmn, 527 noelcmn, 528 noelcmn, 529 noelcmn, 530 noelcmn, 531 noelcmn, 532 noelcmn, 533 noelcmn

The series was launched by Peter Zack.
Views: 384
6 Days Ago - 4 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Starting us off again. Found this tiny newborn gecko in the lounge the other day.

Known as the Circle of Mercy at a local Catholic School

Practicing some BIF

No electricity yesterday, which allowed me to explore the gardens at work, where i found this

And this

Full profile

Duck reflections
6 Days Ago   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Starting us off again. Found this tiny newborn gecko in the lounge the other day.

Known as the Circle of Mercy at a local Catholic School

Practicing some BIF

No electricity yesterday, which allowed me to explore the gardens at work, where i found this

And this

Full profile

Duck reflections
Noel: those bug shots are incredible. On my Mac Pro, I thought that thing was on my screen--whoosh--interesting bugs down your way !
6 Days Ago   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Snow Shower Landscape

K-S2 in A-HDR mode.....

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Valentine's Day Candy Shop Display

Teuscher Chocolate Store
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
4 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #6

Fantastic bug shots Noel!
I have another winter scene, the sunrise this morning taken from my driveway. You may notice the picture is a little soft. That is because the focus was at about 10 yards - I was in such a hurry that I left the camera on manual focus that I was using for a track meet a few days earlier. I should learn to slow down.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mom catching baby

A photo from a recent birth I shot. It was a midwife delivery, so no delivery lights. I wish it had a bit more depth, but I had to shoot pretty wide open and push the ISO to get enough light in a dark room.
2 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #8
eva
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Big Pasture Plateau(Slovene: Velika planinais a karstified mountain plateau in the Kamnik–Savinja Alps northeast of Kamnik, Slovenia. It measures 5.8 square kilometres (2.2 square miles) and has an average elevation of 1,500 metres (4,900 feet) above sea level. , where the best preserved herdsmen settlement in Europe is located. The fastest and most common access is by cable car from Kamniska Bistrica, where parking is located. When you arrive at the top, it is possible to us a chair lift that will convey you to the Gradisce. A little further on, one can see the wonderful view of the herdsman settlement. On the other side are the high mountain peaks of Grintavec, Skuta, Brana, Ojstrica, Planjava, Lucka Baba, and Kamnik saddle. There are about 140 cottages on the plateau, all designed by the architect Vlast Kopac. Rich alpine flora and grassy slopes, Carst sinkholes, larches and pine trees create a fairytale landscape, perfect for an all-day trip.
I choose the way through the forest to Gojska planina followed by a pleasant circular path by the numerous herders' dwellings that comprise several settlement areas: Velika Planina 'Big Pasture', Mala Planina 'Little Pasture', Gojška Planina 'Gozd Pasture' (named for the village of Gozd[4]), Tiha Dolina 'Quiet Valley', and others. The Big Pasture Plateau is a tourist destination both in winter as a ski resort and in summer as a place for relaxation.

The local church, built on a small hill above the village Kališe dating to the second half of the 15th century
shepherd's cottage
trough the forest
shepherds do not rest in winter
Western jackdaw
view nf the Kamnik Savinjan Alps(Grintavc,Skuta,Brana,Ojstrica ,Planjava...)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
1 Day Ago   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Noel: those bug shots are incredible. On my Mac Pro, I thought that thing was on my screen--whoosh--interesting bugs down your way !
Thanks Merv-O- and yes we have some fantastic bugs, this particular fellow is poisonous, and usually left alone by birds and other predators. They can be found in large numbers come summer. We have a few other poisonous locusts.

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
K-S2 in A-HDR mode.....
The snow shots are getting me down

QuoteOriginally posted by SD_Bob Quote
Fantastic bug shots Noel!
I have another winter scene, the sunrise this morning taken from my driveway. You may notice the picture is a little soft. That is because the focus was at about 10 yards - I was in such a hurry that I left the camera on manual focus that I was using for a track meet a few days earlier. I should learn to slow down.
See the note to Merv-O above.. Super track shot, well done!

QuoteOriginally posted by KierraElizabeth Quote
A photo from a recent birth I shot. It was a midwife delivery, so no delivery lights. I wish it had a bit more depth, but I had to shoot pretty wide open and push the ISO to get enough light in a dark room.
Awesome shot! Takes me back to the birth of my son, though I should mention that my respect for midwives diminished somewhat from that occasion, as she pressed a tad too hard on me son- he was blue along large swathes of his back. He survived! So did she. Seriously though, that is just a wonderful shot, makes you delight and wonder anew at the miracle of life!

QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
The Big Pasture Plateau(Slovene: Velika planinais a karstified mountain plateau in the Kamnik–Savinja Alps northeast of Kamnik, Slovenia. It measures 5.8 square kilometres (2.2 square miles) and has an average elevation of 1,500 metres (4,900 feet) above sea level. , where the best preserved herdsmen settlement in Europe is located. The fastest and most common access is by cable car from Kamniska Bistrica, where parking is located. When you arrive at the top, it is possible to us a chair lift that will convey you to the Gradisce. A little further on, one can see the wonderful view of the herdsman settlement. On the other side are the high mountain peaks of Grintavec, Skuta, Brana, Ojstrica, Planjava, Lucka Baba, and Kamnik saddle. There are about 140 cottages on the plateau, all designed by the architect Vlast Kopac. Rich alpine flora and grassy slopes, Carst sinkholes, larches and pine trees create a fairytale landscape, perfect for an all-day trip.
I choose the way through the forest to Gojska planina followed by a pleasant circular path by the numerous herders' dwellings that comprise several settlement areas: Velika Planina 'Big Pasture', Mala Planina 'Little Pasture', Gojška Planina 'Gozd Pasture' (named for the village of Gozd[4]), Tiha Dolina 'Quiet Valley', and others. The Big Pasture Plateau is a tourist destination both in winter as a ski resort and in summer as a place for relaxation.

The local church, built on a small hill above the village Kališe dating to the second half of the 15th century
shepherd's cottage
trough the forest
shepherds do not rest in winter
Western jackdaw
view nf the Kamnik Savinjan Alps(Grintavc,Skuta,Brana,Ojstrica ,Planjava...)
You are so blessed! Sound like the place I should add to my bucket list-though the chances are slim that I'll ever get there! The first shot is super! Nicely isolated still with some landscape!

Keep them coming folk, a few hours to go before I do the new POTW.