Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
POTW # 537 - Covering period 11 - 24th February 2019
Posted By: noelcmn, 02-18-2019, 12:26 PM

Welcome to the 537th edition of Picture of the Week (POTW), covering 11th - 24th February 2019. Let's see what you have been shooting these past two weeks. POTW is a great spot to show off six or fewer shots you take or are editing within the thread's date range. In other words, you can post your shots from this week AND last week.

To post your great photos, just hit reply and attach away.

Feel free to start immediately.

Please:

• consider including in your post any special circumstances or tips on technique or equipment which might be interesting to others.

• identify your camera and lens if that information is easily available to you.

And please invite other Pentaxians to join us.

Some rules:
1) No theme, just post your favorite pix
2) Six or fewer images per person per thread to prevent thread bloat
3) Any Pentax, Ricoh or Samsung camera, film or digital

The current host will invite a new host via Private Message (PM), but if you are interested and willing to host POTW, please send me a PM, before I contact others.

If possible, the new thread will be linked to the previous one. If the thread doesn't start, please contact the host, via PM. Here are the records of recent POTW thread hosts: 390-406 smf, 407-408ramseybuckeye, 409-411 stubyles, 412-423 SD_Bob, 424-427 dave kitson 428-451 smf 452, 453, 454 StephenHampshire 455 Aslyfox, 456 StepehenHampshire, 457-466 noelcmn, 467 Aslyfox, 469-470 aaacb 471 Madmathmind, 472 Madmathmind, 473 Eva, 474 rjbrett, 475 Aslyfox, 476 - 485 noelcmn, 486 - 488 rjbrett, 489 clackers, 490 - 498 rjbrett, 499 StephenHampshire 500 smf, 501 StephenHampshire, 502-505 Eva, 506-525 Vaskebjorn, 526 noelcmn, 527 noelcmn, 528 noelcmn, 529 noelcmn, 530 noelcmn, 531 noelcmn, 532 noelcmn, 533 noelcmn-534 noelcmn, 535 noelcmn 536 noelcmn

And looking for a new host for POTW from March. PM me if you are interested and willing.

Last edited by noelcmn; 02-18-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Views: 1,181
02-18-2019, 12:31 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
And kicking us off again. Got some bugs during this period.

After about 10 days of rain, Johannesburg looked pretty clean

Always sad to see a tree cut down

Some of the kids had fun in the rain

Ain't she beautiful
02-18-2019, 04:54 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Forgot to post in last week's thread from my film scans, so here are more hiking photos instead:

Hand held closeup of ice in a stream, one of those times when I wish I had a tripod and I'm glad the camera has SR. In hindsight, I should have stopped down more at the expense of a higher iso, the frost on the rock is mostly out of focus. (k3ii, 100mm wr)

View from the top (da 15)

Interesting patterns with ice and lichen on the rocks at the top (da 15)

02-19-2019, 10:03 AM - 2 Likes   #4
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm still in high plateou.Try to make a panorama stich.
1.K100 DSuper HD DA 21mm flickr full view https://flic.kr/p/2ePcFU8
2.The Alpine chough or yellow-billed chough , is a bird in the crow family, one of only two species in the genus Pyrrhocorax. Its two subspecies breed in high mountains from Spain eastwards through southern Europe and North Africa to Central Asia and Nepal, and it may nest at a higher altitude than any other bird. The eggs have adaptations to the thin atmosphere that improve oxygen take-up and reduce water loss.
This bird has glossy black plumage, a yellow beak, red legs, and distinctive calls.
3.hooded crow
4.bird feeder
5.scateboarding

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-19-2019, 10:16 AM - 3 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally got some photos for the POTW of this week. All of the had the same subject though.

The supermoon, but not entirely full. That would be today, but clouds are in the way.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by Vaskebjorn; 02-19-2019 at 01:37 PM.
02-19-2019, 06:40 PM - 4 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

I haven't posted in quite a while because in all honesty, my camera has been gathering dust. But it finally got cold enough to freeze the lakes and motorcycle ice racing is back in my life. A couple from Sunday in Lake George, NY. These 2 were shot with my K5 and K300/4 manual focus lens. I use this lens for a reason because the snow gets flying so much the AF doesn't work and after many years of shooting this way, I'm used to it.

02-19-2019, 11:57 PM - 5 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last Sunday, Went for Bird Watching with my son, this is one of my fav shots,

More here:
Bird Watch - PentaxForums.com

02-22-2019, 03:52 AM - 4 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Happy Friday all! I love the bugs, the ice and the osprey!

Not much from me this week. My ever-suffering feline subject, Sham Shui Po and some folks taking pictures of the sunrise last weekend. All taken with my K-1 II. The cat with my DA 70 Ltd (it's a lovely lens, even on full frame!) and the others with my 16-85 in crop mode.
Attached Images

02-22-2019, 07:08 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Objects Aligned

1. Bottles in a window display
2. Safety Cones awaiting deployment
3. Original mosaic tile floor (circa 1905)--Bellevue Hotel
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-24-2019, 04:39 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wow you guys, POTW is rocking this week, and I say that even if I am filled with envy at all these lovely ice and snow pics.
aaacb- congrats on the hand held first image- its wonderful.
Eva-hope you stay a long while on that high plateau . The panorama is post card worthy!
Vaskebjorn, nice to have you back! Trust all is well. Tried, too, to get a few moon shots, hopeless failure. The 2nd is FAB!
Reeftool, been wondering about you, and a few others that I have not seen around for a while. Those are lovely action shots, especially the 2nd one, such amazing details you captured there.
Suraswami- only 1 Pic? Unfair . Had a look at your shot from the link- you could have posted them here too! The Herons are great, but I with you on choosing the Osprey as the favorite. Magic!
nosliwmit- I enjoy you pics from the east, and the silhouette is ever so nice.
Merv-O- nice series, especially like the bottles with those muted reflections.

Keep them coming folk, a few hours before we get to the next installment of POTW.
02-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Wow you guys, POTW is rocking this week, and I say that even if I am filled with envy at all these lovely ice and snow pics.
Eva-hope you stay a long while on that high plateau . The panorama is post card worthy!
Vaskebjorn, nice to have you back! Trust all is well. Tried, too, to get a few moon shots, hopeless failure. The 2nd is FAB!
Reeftool, been wondering about you, and a few others that I have not seen around for a while. Those are lovely action shots, especially the 2nd one, such amazing details you captured there.
Suraswami- only 1 Pic? Unfair . Had a look at your shot from the link- you could have posted them here too! The Herons are great, but I with you on choosing the Osprey as the favorite. Magic!

Keep them coming folk, a few hours before we get to the next installment of POTW.
Noel: Great hosting as usual. Really enjoy the series and love the diversity of interests -- of course, your photos are always finished so sharply. the last one, of the young woman is astounding (the expression, the skin tone and the crop is spot on even at the low posting resolution.
02-25-2019, 01:23 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Noel,

Thanks for hosting again. Beautiful photos as always. With the moon I got lucky. There were a lot of clouds that week. As to my health, not entirely there yet. Had some complications in the hospital. Spend 9 days in there in total. Got my operation but as a bonus got a pneumonia and a small stroke (no damage fortunately). So it looked like the all in package. Fortunately we have good health care and insurance over here

Richard

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote

02-25-2019, 01:34 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Some from the last 10 days or so

02-25-2019, 05:01 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
StephenHampshire, the one word that came to mind as I view the first 3- TEXTURES, wonderful touchable textures. And the train shots as usual are superb, the one with the reflection is magic!