Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge #450--Anticipation
Posted By: KierraElizabeth, 02-20-2019, 01:03 AM

ANTICIPATION!
This week's challenge is all about the moment BEFORE the event happens. The pitch before the hit. The stalking before the strike. The dive before the landing. The waiting. The watching. The excitement. The boredom. I hope this has a pretty broad interpretation. I can't wait to see what all you brilliant people offer up!

The fine print:
Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax/Ricoh (DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge

The challenge will close at midnight Wednesday Feb. 27th

Here are a few examples. I'm not much of a nature photographer, so I apologize I don't have any good examples from that vein. But I hope and trust folks will chime in with some of those as well, since I haven't got any!

Backstage, before the Nat'l Moustache Championships:

The Midwife's Waiting Game:

Last edited by KierraElizabeth; 02-20-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Views: 2,640
02-22-2019, 08:25 AM   #16

Original Poster
So many great submissions so far! Keep 'em coming!

02-23-2019, 06:52 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Girl in a bar. Somebody was just about to tap her shoulder and I like the quick eye-glance that she gives just before that.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
02-24-2019, 04:23 AM - 4 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rhino and Lion Park, West of Johannesburg, and its feeding time for the lions, and they are familiar with the vehicle that comes with big chunks of meat at feeding time. Here one of the males comes rather close to the vehicle. The ensuing scene was something to behold.
02-26-2019, 04:01 PM   #19

Original Poster
I'll close this tomorrow (Wednesday) night at midnight eastern time, if anyone wants to squeeze in a last-minute entry!

03-01-2019, 09:04 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So who won the Gold medal?
03-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #21

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by suraswami Quote
So who won the Gold medal?
The anticipation is killing me.
03-02-2019, 05:49 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LOL! Just don't die in the process

03-02-2019, 06:05 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
LOL! Just don't die in the process
Must be a "photo finish"
03-02-2019, 09:30 AM   #24

Original Poster
I'm so sorry I vanished! I wanted to sleep on it Wednesday night and got pulled into grading papers! I will post the winners thread now!
03-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KierraElizabeth Quote
I'm so sorry I vanished! I wanted to sleep on it Wednesday night and got pulled into grading papers! I will post the winners thread now!
We all appreciate anyone who hosts...this was just a little ribbing to move the thread along....thanks.