Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners of Weekly Challenge #452 "Into the Light"
Posted By: StephenHampshire, 03-23-2019, 03:28 AM

Well, I enjoyed seeing the various ways people looked at this challenge, not a bad photo amongst the entries.

Here are my thoughts.

aaacb shadows, patterns, silhouete, a beautiful abstract interpretation of the theme

DeKay looking into the light – this made me smile!

Andrej You have captured the perfectly as it flies into the beam of light

Vaskebjorn – very dramatic and good use of silhouette and sun (or is it moon?) burst

RGlasel – a sparkling shot and a great sense of people enjoying themselves

eva – a perfect backlit flower shot and a sense of reaching up to the light

rod_grant- lovely colours and a strong sense of direction in this one

Hattifnatt – Lovely mono, the light shines through in this

SpecialK – very nice, a real sense of nature pushing up into the life giving light

atupdate – a charming portrait and the lighting meets the theme exactly- into the Spotlight!

jacamar – brrrrrr! cold light well captured

sealonsf – captures the theme well with an invitation to move into the light

Zephos – Midnight’s Shadow, well captured light and lovely dog

mingdie - great use of light and shadow to make the subject stand out

charliezap - fantastic composition, my niggle here is the plane seems to be moving OUT of the light!

noelcmn – wonderful light with the translucent wing, clean colours and a hint of movement in the wing and also the upward movement of the bird reaching into the light
Kerrowdown – great tones, sense of drama with the boat sailing into the shafts of light (pity you didn’t capture Nessie as well!)

Merv-O - very geometric with lantern and window panes, I might have been tempted to crop a bit tighter

But the winners are
1st- Kerrowdown for a beautiful landscape

2nd Noelcmn – a picture full of life

3rd eva -a lovely flower portrait

Hon Mentions- SpecialK, DeKay, aaacb
Views: 477
03-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spectacular winning image, Congrats Kerrowdown-and just knew that one would be hard to beat. And congrats extended to Eva, and the HM's SpecialK, Dekay and aaacb. And pleasantly surprised at the 2nd spot, thank you. Add another thanks for the challenge and the judging exercise, super challenge.
03-24-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Spectacular winning image, Congrats Kerrowdown-and just knew that one would be hard to beat.
Thank you for your very kind comments.

The new Challenge is up and running here... Weekly Challenge #453 "Time For Contemplation" - PentaxForums.com
03-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #4
eva
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congrats to the winners Kerrowdown , noelcmn and Hon Mentions :SpecialK, Dekay and aaacb.Excelent challenge.Thanks for choosing my photo and 3 rd place!Thank you for commenting on each photo.

03-27-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
Congrats to the winners Kerrowdown , noelcmn and Hon Mentions :SpecialK, Dekay and aaacb.Excelent challenge.Thanks for choosing my photo and 3 rd place!Thank you for commenting on each photo.
A pleasure, I was pleased to have so many great photos to judge.
03-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
Congrats to the winners Kerrowdown
Thank you.