Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge #453 "Time For Contemplation"
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 03-23-2019, 10:27 AM

A big thank you to Stephen Hampshire, for hosting last weeks challenge and for passing the baton onto me for this week.

The fresh challenge I've picked for this week hopefully has some potential depth to it and also some room for interpretation on the theme... "Time For Contemplation".

Quickly here's the ongoing rules...

1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax/Ricoh (DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge

The challenge will close at midnight Saturday Friday 30th March GMT i.e 7 days and 6 hours ish from this post.

Here's an image from me to get the ball rolling.

Views: 2,708
03-28-2019, 11:43 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's a Documentary on why, where, and how you should contemplate life.

03-29-2019, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
03-31-2019, 01:38 AM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Pick A Winner Time

Firstly many thanks for all those that took part and also thanks for giving me such a hard time to select a winner.

The quality of entries was of a very high level, together with all the interpretations of the theme, for me proved to be most interesting. I love imagery that tells a visual story, especially so if words are almost not required to convey it.

Anyway on with the important part of this post.

@Vaskebjorn - What a cracking shot, you just can't imagine what they're thinking about.

@PhotosbyV - A very private moment, well captured indeed.

@atupdate - Again this image also tells a story of an unknown thoughts.

@RGlasel - A story of contemplation for sure, it's almost "have I done the right thing" question caught in this picture.

@aaacb - I'm just a sucker for a good gritty "street shot"... deep in thought "I don't want to be here, I want home"

@Arjay Bee - Great location, contre-jour, textures, colours, shadows and a little flare thrown in for good measure, this image has it all.

@Flanoman - Often great photography is just grabbing what's in front of you and not worrying about the technical merits of the image, especially so when a stories are to be told.

@arnold - Like this one, haven't we all done this at times... to idle away the day, I understand it's called relaxation.

@ramseybuckeye - My kind of road... no one else on it, beautiful pastel feel to the colours in this image.

@charliezap - Powerful image this, my theme well captured indeed.

@Merv-O - Aye and this lads being contemplating this throw for quite some time... I don't believe he's done it even yet.

@SpecialK - Interesting shot, I'm glad you spoke to her, I would have had too also if I'd come across this scene.

@sealonsf - A fine shot, it's interesting to me how many of the images in the challenge show a high level of respect too.

@StephenHampshire - Aye the "contemplation of mortality" question, I wondered if anyone would touch on this subject, very well portrayed in this image.

@noelcmn - Yep you certainly caught the whole story, a great moment in time here.

@jacamar - I'd have been very happy if this fine image was mine, a great piece of imagery.

So for me the image that IMHO best encompassed this weeks challenge theme, was from @charliezap and his Memorial Day weekend, so he's my winner, congratulations.

Honourable "mentions in despatches", i.e. runners up go to @Vaskebjorn, @aaacb, @jacamar.

Thanks again to all involved, it's part of what makes this forum, what it is, thank you.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 04-03-2019 at 04:55 AM.
03-31-2019, 02:31 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats to the winners and thanks to KerrowDown for hosting....looking forward to what @charlieZap has for us...

03-31-2019, 03:06 AM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
thanks to KerrowDown for hosting
Your most welcome.
03-31-2019, 06:15 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to all!, well done Kerrowdown!
03-31-2019, 07:24 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Kerrowdown. Once you are among wild penguins it's not hard to get a lot of memorable images. The problem for most of us is getting to the places where they live!

03-31-2019, 07:44 AM   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Congrats to all!, well done Kerrowdown!
Thank you for that.
03-31-2019, 08:41 AM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Thanks Kerrowdown. Once you are among wild penguins it's not hard to get a lot of memorable images
Aye that may well be so, but it’s the reflections in the ripples that make this image a bit special for me.
03-31-2019, 09:36 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Aye that may well be so, but it’s the reflections in the ripples that make this image a bit special for me.
Thanks. I had a long ponder as to whether leaving those reflections in would make the image too top-heavy, but I ended up restraining myself with the cropping tool!
03-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #26
Veteran Member

It was a great subject, and a well judged competition too!
03-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to the winners lets see what the next challenge brings.
03-31-2019, 09:56 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for hosting so well Kerrowdown. Congratulations to the winners.
04-01-2019, 01:22 AM   #29
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Thanks. I had a long ponder as to whether leaving those reflections in would make the image too top-heavy, but I ended up restraining myself with the cropping tool!
I’m glad you left the scissors in the drawer.
04-01-2019, 01:23 AM   #30
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StephenHampshire Quote
It was a great subject, and a well judged competition too!
Thank you for your kind words.