Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 55 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
#459 - Squirrels
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 05-26-2019, 02:06 PM

Welcome to Weekly Challenge #459 - Squirrels

Squirrels seem to be a favorite subject of many photographers, They are plentiful in most areas and offer many photo opportunities. For this challenge we'll accept any type of squirrel, chipmunk or related rodent.

The fine print:
Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

The Challenge will run until midnight next Sunday, 2 June, whichever time zone you are in.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Read more at previous challenge:

Read more at: #458 Agriculture at Work - PentaxForums.com

Insprational Sample, you can do better!

Views: 2,167
05-28-2019, 03:30 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Squirrel as part of the food chain (with apologies to the Otis Appreciation Society)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-28-2019, 11:16 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Chipmunk in Colorado

05-28-2019, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Squirrel as part of the food chain (with apologies to the Otis Appreciation Society)
Looks like the squirrel was a loser in SquirrelRoulette.
05-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Looks like the squirrel was a loser in SquirrelRoulette.

Sorry Reh: I know you carry the "Otis" torch, but when I bumped into this trio of Turkey Vultures in the middle of Red Barn Road in Napa (Heardsberg) CA, I thought I had to grab the photo op...who knew I would be posting it here?

05-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Sorry Reh: I know you carry the "Otis" torch, but when I bumped into this trio of Turkey Vultures in the middle of Red Barn Road in Napa (Heardsberg) CA, I thought I had to grab the photo op...who knew I would be posting it here?
Nothing to apologize for - the squirrels play SquirrelRoulette, that is just what they do, and like any "roulette" game, such as RussianRoulette, this game has losers. This past weekend we were in a Canadian National Park, and saw a number of winners - no losers; we did see a turkey who didn't seem to understand the rules .... she ran out into the road, then stopped and dared oncoming autos to hit her (no one did}.
We also saw a Turkey Vulture {like the ones in your photo} keeping watch from top of a tower, but that seemed to be futile activity, and he eventually took off for a more lucretive area - I'll post a photo of it one of these days.

Last edited by reh321; 05-28-2019 at 03:11 PM.
05-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Nothing to apologize for - the squirrels play SquirrelRoulette, that is just what they do, and like any "roulette" game, such as RussianRoulette, this game has losers. This past weekend we were in a Canadian National Park, and saw a number of winners - no losers; we did see a turkey who didn't seem to understand the rules .... she ran out into the road, then stopped and dared oncoming autos to hit her (no one did}.
We also saw a Turkey Vulture {like the ones in your photo} keeping watch from top of a tower, but that seemed to be futile activity, and he eventually took off for a more lucretive area - I'll post a photo of it one of these days.
Very cool....Looking forward to a plethora of great travel pics from the members here....would love to see your Turkey Vulture--I have to say, these vultures were extremely well nourished--much bigger and well fed than the New Jersey counterparts I bumped into in February.
05-29-2019, 12:26 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

You can't get there from here!!!

Curses--foiled again.No seeds for him.--charliezap.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-01-2019, 03:04 AM - 5 Likes   #23
eva
Veteran Member

Today was a squrrels day....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-01-2019, 11:46 AM - 5 Likes   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Arctic Ground Squirrel - British Columbia/Yukon border

06-02-2019, 02:47 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Calling all squirrels shooters, just a few more hours to get your photogenic rodent photos entered!