Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
#460 Winners - Urban B&W
Posted By: sealonsf, 06-17-2019, 05:01 PM

Welcome to the dark (and light) side... Thanks everyone for posting your photos. This was not an easy decision. I enjoyed the composition of all of the photos.

Winner - Kerrowdown's Edinburgh Steps:
Gritty, lone man, noir.

Honorable Mentions:
gump - the fog makes this shot special and I love the road leading off into the woods.
Hattifnatt - another foggy photo. Excellent framing of the pedestrians and the low shutter speed makes for a great photo.
ramseybuckeye's street shot - love this shot - I think it would be even better if the bright Legg Mason sign at the top were deleted.
SpecialK's Silent Movie Theatre - the lone woman in black entering the theatre really makes the shot.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 917
06-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent choice for a winner, congrats Kerrowdown, what an excellent image, timing is everything. Thanks Sealonsf for the honorable mention in such a good collection of photos!
06-17-2019, 10:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Kerrowdown, that picture had winner written all over it. And thanks for my HM! let's see what the new challenge brings.
06-18-2019, 07:04 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Good choice for the winner - I hear Tubular Bells in the background...

06-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
#460 Winners - Urban B&W
Thank you for this opportunity to post next weeks challenge, it can now be found here... #461 Inclement Conditions - PentaxForums.com
06-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Excellent choice for a winner, congrats Kerrowdown, what an excellent image, timing is everything.
Thank you for your very kind comments.
06-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Congratulations Kerrowdown, that picture had winner written all over it.
I'm not so sure about that, but thank you for kind words on the subject.

06-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Good choice for the winner
Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I hear Tubular Bells in the background...
No it would have needed a street lamp, a gladstone bag and a bit of fog for that.