Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly Challenge #468 Winners
Posted By: mattb123, 08-18-2019, 09:14 PM

Thanks for participating everyone!
I'll just get right to it.

The winner is EssJay. Nice work with the ND filter and a pleasing image. It is simple, well-composed, and creative.

Runner up is StephenHampshire with that nice deer shot. I've tried to catch wildlife when shooting landscapes and most of the time I'll manage to miss the shot one way or another. You got the shot and it looks good. Nice work.

Third place goes to atupdate. Nice silhouette shot and great clouds to back it up.

Nice work to the podium and EssJay you win the privilege of hosting the next weekly challenge. Woo-hoo!
Here are some thought on the rest of the photos too. Nice work everyone, way to think on your toes and keep shooting when your plan needs to change.

Vaskebjorn - Wow, eagles are not that rare here but still a thrill to see. Good thing you were ready!
Grippy - Interesting find! And I'm impressed you were able to function well enough for the shot!
charliezap - Ha! Hard not to look I bet.
Hattifnatt - I know the feeling all too well about the sunset. Interesting alternative!
jacamar - Lots of activity there!
Bruce Clark - Lovely, but I hope you returned to plan A before too long.
RGlasel - Sometimes the spectators are better than the main event. Good thinking!
aaacb - Wow, that would surely be a test of patience! I like your composition here.
Merv-O - Pretty trippy! I Good shot and I bet that was fun. I've seen the original band but not the newer incarnations.
SpecialK - Good timing!
PintofDog - Good to be ready for whatever you find! Unusual color on that beetle!
noelcmn - Wow! The bull sounded scary but what a scene to see instead!
Views: 328
08-19-2019, 08:41 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Matt. I'm both flattered and honored to host the next weekly challenge which I will post later today.
08-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just goes to show you don't need top-notch equipment to capture a captivating image. You just need a good eye and imagination. Nice work EssJay. (Maybe you do have top-notch equipment, but someone with a K10D and kit zoom and your eye could capture this too.)
08-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
Just goes to show you don't need top-notch equipment to capture a captivating image. You just need a good eye and imagination. Nice work EssJay. (Maybe you do have top-notch equipment, but someone with a K10D and kit zoom and your eye could capture this too.)
Thanks for the kind words.

lol, and no, I certainly do not have any top-notch equipment. With much discipline I've taken a very pragmatic approach in regards to my wants vs. my needs as a hobbyist: I want the new k-1II paired with a da*. I need truck insurance Flagship models from yesteryear and 3rd party lenses suit me fine. I like to think it keeps my photo game on-point.

08-21-2019, 02:47 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done EssJay, a lovely minimalist picture