View Poll Results: Project52 revival
Yes please 888.89%
No thanks 111.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
P52 revival poll
Posted By: Tsukiouji, 01-01-2020, 07:39 AM

Greetings!
I'd like to revive this good ol' challenge, it's so sad to see it withered away. Are you interested?
Views: 1,182
01-01-2020, 07:59 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I enjoyed this challenge and played, plus I was moderator a few times too. We had far to many who just stopped playing and a lot of the people didn't have an interest in being a moderator. Bring it back!!
01-01-2020, 08:11 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What was it exactly formatted like? I don't remember.
01-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsukiouji Quote
Greetings!
I'd like to revive this good ol' challenge, it's so sad to see it withered away. Are you interested?
I'll bite

what is this challenge ?

P52 doesn't mean anything to me

01-01-2020, 08:13 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I'll bite

what is this challenge ?

It was a challenge we had going on and it was before you joining PF.

For your reading pleasure, and anyone else who wants to know.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/336315-proje...st-2016-a.html
01-01-2020, 08:15 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll bite

what is this challenge ?

I think it's Project 52, and what little I remember is that there was a theme each week and you submitted one shot and the winner set the theme the next week. But my recollection may be off.
01-01-2020, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I've added a link to explain what Project 52 is, Brad.

01-01-2020, 08:18 AM   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I think it's Project 52, and what little I remember is that there was a theme each week and you submitted one shot and the winner set the theme the next week. But my recollection may be off.
yeah I figure it was before my time

from photolady's link

QuoteQuote:
Project 52-8-44-Open theme/Best of 2016Report Post Like noelcmn's Post
Posted By: noelcmn, 12-26-16, 07:08 (Offline)
Welcome to Project 52-8 for the year 2016. The last challenge for 2016, and this one is open, with the theme of your best shot of 2016. There is usually a thread for the best 10 shots of the year, (which hopefully will happen again next year) and I have found those to be quite inspirational. It need not be your best shot, as it is also open to anything you wish to post.

Images for Project 52-8-44 are to be taken between Monday 26th December 2016 through to Sunday 1 January 2017. Closing times is midnight in your time Zone

Rules

1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be to have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.

2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore. The theme/sub-concepts are chosen by the facilitator every week. You are only
required to submit a photo taken during the week of the challenge, and in keeping with the theme/sub-concept and be willing to be the judge if you win.

3. Post your single picture in Project 52-8 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.

4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.

5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed. Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera. And we will include images taken with phones as well.

6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.

7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging. It is up to the discretion of the current week's
Judge to accept or decline early/late entries i.e. a day earlier or a day late. Usually there is some flexibility here to allow as many entrants as possible. BUT
PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES TAKEN DAYS OR WEEKS OUTSIDE THE PERIOD OF THE CHALLENGE. TRY TO KEEP IT AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
TO THE TIME FRAME.

8. Additional images are welcome, but please keep them to a minimum. If more than one image is posted, make sure you identify your entry for the challenge.
Additional images should also please comply with rule 1 and rule 7.

9. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable.

10. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next weeks Project 52-8 and may not participate in the challenge.

11. The host/facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/336315-proje...#ixzz69nCFSk5Y
01-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Allen, your link states the same thing as my link. We have an echo in this thread.
01-01-2020, 08:48 AM   #10
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Allen, your link states the same thing as my link. We have an echo in this thread.
yep

but now no one has to go the extra step of going through your link
01-01-2020, 09:20 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

yep

but now no one has to go the extra step of going through your link
But that makes people lazy if they don't click on the link I left.
01-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #12
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
But that makes people lazy if they don't click on the link I left.
yep

just like me
01-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd be keen for this to be revived.

Btw, the idea is that a moderator/host - whatever, plans and sets a new challenge every week. The winner is chosen by the previous weeks winner as stated in the link.
Having hosted this a few times, I am able to help if someone wants to tackle the project. By that I mean I have a Excel pread sheet with all the different challenges, as well as links to one or two of the projects. Quite useful. Oh and it was forwarded to me by another Forumite.
01-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #14
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

this seems similar to this contest:

Photo Scavenger Hunt Game Continued - Part II! - PentaxForums.com
01-01-2020, 12:33 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I liked the format much more than the other weekly challenges, very stimulating to actually go and create pictures. I can't promise I'll put in as much effort as I had back in 2016, but I'd be in for sure. I actually had reached out to Assa1, who wanted to run it in 2017 but didn't show up anymore, and some others - to no avail, so I'd be happy to see it coming back.