Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
489 Time
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 03-02-2020, 12:58 PM

This one is kind of open ended, the subject is time, so anything related to time is eligible, you can have several elements of time in a photo. I'm really looking forward to the many different ideas of time we may see.

This Challenge ends 8 March 2020 Midnight your time.

The fine print:
Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax/Ricoh (DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge

Here's a few examples

An ornate clock, tells you the time, the style implies the time in history when it was created:

The time taken in a long exposure

An hourglass light painting

Wasting Time, waiting

Views: 1,744
03-08-2020, 05:43 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Great entries so far, but there is still TIME for more.

03-09-2020, 06:08 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It's time to announce the winners, sorry I'm not going into details about each photo, because I'll probably misinterpret or miss a time reference. But I will have to ay that all of these are good photos and truly hit the theme of the challenge. I was hoping for some different interpretations of the theme and wow, did everybody come through there. It's a tough choice, and each day I looked at them, I had a different one in the lead. My choice is going to be Tim's photo of Cincinnati's Union Terminal, it's a well done photo and has several time references including the easy one, a giant clock, Then the art deco styling of the building tells me the era it was built in, and the photo itself showing fireworks, that take a little bit of time to shoot, and then also determining the shutter speed for the exposure.

03-09-2020, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to Tim and all the others that came in second .
This was a good challenge, looking forward to the next one.