Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
Caption Competition - 07 March to 14 March
Posted By: Liney, 03-06-2020, 08:53 PM

Humble apologies, work has been a little hectic and I was unclear of the conventions for "the week"....

Rules:
Any forum member may invent and post a caption for the photo, posting the caption as a reply in this thread.
All readers of the thread, including those posting captions, are encouraged to vote for any and all of the captions they appreciate by liking them using the forum's like feature.
At the end of the contest period, the host will count the votes and report who won. In case of a tie the host gets to break the tie, but will not otherwise submit a caption or vote.
The winner will be notified ASAP by the current host by PM and a post in the thread. The new host should post a link to the new contest thread at the end of the caption contest round just finished.
Submissions should be text (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post.
Important:
Even if you do not submit an entry, please like any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you do submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and like that one as well. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

Last edited by Liney; 12-21-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Views: 995
03-06-2020, 09:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ok, explain to me once again, why are we not sitting in the shade on this hot day?
03-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
"Just your glass..."
03-07-2020, 09:23 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When they focused on the wine they saw the film. They shuttered at the image and wondered if it could be filtered or would it be saturated and the flavor distorted. Obvious there was nothing to be done about the clarity and balance. They discussed what to do in low monotones but shuttered when they considered what might develop. What ever they did would be polarize the staff of the vineyard. Seeing the answer through the lens of reason they could not stop. They wrote a note to the vintner using a pencil as that country had a pen tax.

03-07-2020, 09:49 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You know Lucas, someday none if this will be yours.....
03-08-2020, 07:05 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wine after whiskey is risky? Who told you so?
03-08-2020, 08:00 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm telling you, the one that got away was THIS BIG!

03-10-2020, 11:40 PM   #8

She: "And then Arnie went like this and said: "I'll be back!"
He: "Hope not - last time he was here he broke all the glasses except this one right here!"
03-15-2020, 12:14 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well first off I'll apologise for not providing a better image for you to practice your wit on, personally I was waiting for a comment around "are you sure my armpits aren't dry yet.." but obviously that was not to happen.

A special mention to Gump, I don't think I've seen so many photography related phrases in one place for a while.

However looking through the number of votes cast we appear to have a tie between Gump, Merv-O and noelcmn with two votes each. While I gave Gump a special mention for his clever use of words, as there is a tie I have to cast a deciding vote so it goes to noelcmn for one of the oldest fishing related comments in the history of anything.

Congratulations noelcmn
03-15-2020, 04:33 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Liney. I'll have something up shortly, as I scour through my archives.
03-15-2020, 04:39 AM   #11
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Thanks Liney. I'll have something up shortly, as I scour through my archives.
congrats
03-15-2020, 05:45 AM   #12
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

link to new contest

Caption Contest 15-23 March 2020 - PentaxForums.com