Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread

#492 - New life
Posted By: RGlasel, 03-30-2020, 07:09 PM

I think a little bit of hope would be appropriate, I'm looking for photos that express the hope that comes from new life. New life can come from old things, or a living thing can take the place of something that is dying; life can flourish in a harsh environment or transform our surroundings with energy and vitality. I wish I had more lively photos in my digital library, the examples below are the best that I could come up with, but feel free to expand on this theme with lively pictures that give you new hope.

This challenge will close on April 7th about 6PM Saskatchewan Time (-600 UTC).

The fine print:
Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax/Ricoh (DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge

Views: 1,520
04-06-2020, 04:32 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
One more day left to enter this challenge. Thank you to everyone who has entered already and I look forward to see those entries that are still to come.

04-06-2020, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Pelican's nest with babies. I took this because I'd been meaning to go to Pelican Island to see if I could capture some in flight but when I got there the nest was full of babies and mommies. EXIF is on Flickr.

04-06-2020, 08:06 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Got to keep those eggs warm
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-08-2020, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Against the odds.

04-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you to everyone who entered this challenge, it is now closed. I will post my comments and the top three tomorrow, after I get home from work. It has been more than two years since I've been able to say that, I started a new job driving truck a month ago, and while my employer has seen a decline in freight volumes due to the economic hiatus associated with COVID-19, I have been able to get full-time hours delivering beer and caskets. Thank God, the casket business where I live hasn't seen increased demand, but the closing of public facilities has lead to an increase in drinking at home and our deliveries to retail beer and liquor vendors are definitely up over the same time frame last year.
04-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Oops, forgot to put a link here to the "winners" thread. Thanks again to everyone who participated in this challenge, it was a great crop of photos.

Winners #492 - New Life - PentaxForums.com