Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52, Week 21 - Curves - Winners!
Posted By: Oldschool, 10-28-2008, 01:26 PM

While I feel totally unqualified to judge these photos, it was fun to look at these with a more critical eye.

Honorable Mention
KungPOW - while you didn't shoot this this week, I really loved this one. I'm not sure what this is, but you really captured the theme.

atupdate, slowpez, & daacon - you all took the amusement park route and really like them as I'm a sucker for roller coasters (Dave, that looks like a great ride).

weatherwise2 - nice perspective on that shot.

mithrandir - interesting capture, it almost seems like the road is pulling the streetlight.

Bramela - for some reason, your photo isn't showing up anymore. If I remember correctly, it was a good action shot of a surfer on a wave. Good capture.

kevindt - I love the muted colors of the railing and the creamy bokeh.

garth1948 - very interesting shot. The scale of the equipment is amazing.

Danloc78 - great imagination is creating this image. I just wish the other sign was out of the frame so you could isolate the curves.

And no for no particular reason, here are my selections for the winners:

3rd place - Arjay Bee - I love how you used natural curves. The focus is spot on and DOF is perfect.

2nd place - Nico - great shot. It looks like the adapter works great.

1st place - Venturi - Another example of how nature can do better than man made. Well framed and beautiful colors. Congratulations!

Thanks to everyone who submitted. It was a lot of fun to do this.
Views: 2,499
10-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the great comments and taking the time to analyze all the photos. I enjoyed the many diverse views of curves. Helps me see things that I often miss. Great work all!
10-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Thank you for the bronze - these and similar 3 images are now a set of place mats on my dining room table - well done everyone - bring on the next challenge!
10-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Nicely done everybody. Venturi, you're up to judge Week 22 (Doors).

10-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldschool Quote
1st place - Venturi - Another example of how nature can do better than man made. Well framed and beautiful colors. Congratulations!
QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
Nicely done everybody. Venturi, you're up to judge Week 22 (Doors).
Wow, I'm really honored by the recognition. I do have to tip my hat to Mother Nature and the Tulsa zoo though for providing such a target rich environment - the challenge for me was merely deciding which one of the fifty or so flamingos to shoot.

Doors, eh? Well I'll be the judge of that! I've been out house hunting the past two weeks and have looked at more doors than I can count.
10-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How did that happen???

Thanks for the mention, but how in heck did my photo drop off the scene after it had been there for some days???????
That has got me well and truly puzzled.
Well done all, there were some great shots there. Congrats Venturi, deserved winner.