Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Caption May 3-10
Posted By: gump, 05-03-2020, 02:20 AM

The contest will run from May 3-10, 2020. Votes will be counted bright and early May 11.

NB: VOTE ("like") FOR SOMEONE WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE AN ENTRANT....!!

Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well.

The "thread starter" is the moderator and must post an original photo at the start of the thread. In case of a tie the moderator will choose one to break the tie. After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP after by the current Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

(If this image is too big for your screen, go into your account settings and change the display size).

Read more at: April 26 ... May 2, 2020 - PentaxForums.com

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 1,354
05-03-2020, 03:00 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

"What, you never seen a deer gargling before? It's how we get our minty fresh breath...."

On a point of order, when you say you will count the votes early on the 11th, which time zone is that? Are the West coast of the US being disadvantaged?
05-03-2020, 03:12 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
[ the before photo for the eazy rest mattress company ]

see what happens if you don't sleep on an eazy rest mattress ?
05-03-2020, 03:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
The contest will run from May 3-10, 2020. Votes will be counted bright and early May 11.

NB: VOTE ("like") FOR SOMEONE WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE AN ENTRANT....!!

Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well.

The "thread starter" is the moderator and must post an original photo at the start of the thread. In case of a tie the moderator will choose one to break the tie. After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP after by the current Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

(If this image is too big for your screen, go into your account settings and change the display size).

Read more at: April 26 ... May 2, 2020 - PentaxForums.com
My neck stretch is good but wait until you see my tummy stretch..................

05-03-2020, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
"What, you never seen a deer gargling before? It's how we get our minty fresh breath...."

On a point of order, when you say you will count the votes early on the 11th, which time zone is that? Are the West coast of the US being disadvantaged?
I am in Ohio EDT. Any activity on the final day will be recorded well before I make, and drink, the proper amount of coffee on Monday morning. If there is a tie there will be some delay to allow bribes and other inducements to arrive. (Note to Australia, New Zealand, and others on the far side of the world. Post early as i cannot remember if you are a day ahead or a day behind or if you are in the southern hemisphere, what month it is.}
05-03-2020, 06:28 AM - 3 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I knew I shouldn't sit so close to that movie screen - now I'm stuck like this!
05-03-2020, 07:49 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is this drone autonomous? Or human-controlled?

05-03-2020, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is my new "lockdown" diet!
05-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Mr Deer once again spots a hawk circling high above and wonders if maybe he just messed up last time he gave flying a try...

*backstory here: Silly Coronavirus "Self Isolation" Household images - Page 28 - PentaxForums.com
05-03-2020, 06:41 PM - 6 Likes   #10

"Moo-o-o-o" (Effective stealthy behavior of deer during hunting season.)
05-04-2020, 06:38 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Oh what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day, I got a beautiful feeling everything is going my way!"
05-04-2020, 11:24 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Old Dog Quote
"Moo-o-o-o" (Effective stealthy behavior of deer during hunting season.)
Good one Old Dog.
05-06-2020, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm a Swiss Mountain Deer: "Yodelllll-aaaayyy-Hoo".......
05-11-2020, 05:53 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
A wonderful collection of captions this week. Old Dog is the winner. Thank you for participating.

Andy
05-12-2020, 08:39 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Old Dog asked to be excused due to other commitments. I engaged a random number system (flipped a coin) and asked Uncle Vanya to stand in.

Andy