Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
Pentax Photo Contest #2 - Nature
Posted By: noelcmn, 05-07-2020, 10:58 AM

This weeks Theme is "nature", it's a good time to pickup the camera and snap a few photos. For this week's contest simply look for anything that says Nature- Insects, flowers, trees, sunrise/sunsets, even human beings. In short, anything that is not human/man-made Be as imaginative/creative as you like when interpreting the theme and keep the human/man-made stuff to a minimum.

The weekly Pentax Photo Contest is similar to the Weekly Challenge with a few exceptions. Participants get to vote on their favorite photo. To vote, one simply posts their choice for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Places are determined by the number of overall points each photo receives. You do not need to enter to vote, anyone can vote. Every week, the winner chooses a new theme, hosts the challenge for the following week and tallies the points to determine the next winner/host.

Points will be:
• 3 for 1st place
• 2 for 2nd place
• 1 for 3rd place.

Post until Tuesday at 12 noon GMT, May 12, 2020
Voting starts Tuesday at 12 noon GMT, May 12, 2020
Vote until Thursday noon GMT, May 14, 2020

*The host running this week's contest breaks any tie.
*New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
*Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
*Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible after voting closes.
*Winner chooses new contest topic and starts the next challenge NLT Fri.

The Rules:

1. Camera -- Any Pentax camera is acceptable
2. Time -- Any on-topic photo taken during the ccontest week is acceptable. Photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- Photos must be no larger than 1024 x 1024 pixels with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting -- One photo per photographer. Photo title optional.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone. Likes and or comments allowed after the new winner is announced.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.

NOTE: If the winner can't be contacted or does not respond by Sat noon GMT, the 2nd place winner will host the challenge. If both are unavailable, the 3rd place winner will host.

Blessed to see this fella in the garden at the Orphanage today.

Read more at: Pentax Photo Contest #001: Around The House - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by noelcmn; 05-08-2020 at 07:20 AM.
Views: 1,319
05-07-2020, 08:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Broadhead Skink (female)
We've been moved now for about three weeks and starting to get a little time to get out for some photos. But of course we're still in Coronavirus seclusion, about 50 yards behind the house is the edge of a woods. Today ion a short walk with the camera, looking for some birds of butterflies I saw these lizards sitting on some cut logs, a female on one log and a male on the other. It was kind of a cool day and they were basking in the sunshine. I was unable to get both in one photo. I had never seen these before, but I thought they must be a skink, I was right, Broadhead Skink to be precise. Both were probably 10-12 inches long.
05-08-2020, 07:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tree lichen. K30/M50 f2.0 reversed with 3x teleconverter

05-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a simple white clover from the back yard, about 1/2" across.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-10-2020, 05:33 AM - 2 Likes   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
In The Shadows

Tucked away from plain sight...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
05-15-2020, 05:40 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Time to vote on this challenge.

1-Kerrodown
2-Ramseybuckeye
3-Apet-Sure
05-15-2020, 11:17 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
My apologies, I should have called for voting on Tuesday already. Can we extend the voting by a day or two? Last day to vote is Saturday.

1. Ramsyebuckey
2. Apet-sure
3. Kerrowdown.

05-15-2020, 08:05 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1 Kerrowdown
2 Apet-sure
3 djb47
05-15-2020, 11:58 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
My apologies folks.

I need to withdraw my entry from this challenge, as I've just noticed it wasn't taken within the required weeks time frame.

My apologies again.
05-17-2020, 07:36 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ramseybuckeye is the winner, with 5 points (3+2). Kerrowdown would have been the winner but he withdrew.
Over to you Tom, to post a new challenge
05-17-2020, 08:06 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Tom. Looking forward to the next challenge.

Nice photos everyone.
05-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations from a fellow North Carolinian! My young daughter and I chased down one of these skinks once, and it gave me a nip. Didn't hurt, but it sure surprised me.
05-17-2020, 04:48 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
Congratulations from a fellow North Carolinian! My young daughter and I chased down one of these skinks once, and it gave me a nip. Didn't hurt, but it sure surprised me.
Thanks, I've been in NC just over a month now. We are finally getting things in order and there is more time to get out and shoot. The skinks were very close to the house, I;ve never saw them before and at fist I thought it was a snake, til I took another step and saw the legs, the the second one on another log.

Thanks Noel, I'll get the challenge up shortly.
05-18-2020, 10:48 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also be on the lookout for the Carolina (or Green) Anole. Slightly smaller than skinks, it can change from bright green to brown depending on where it's standing. I usually see them in leafy bushes, if I see them at all! They are quite common, but can be hard to spot.
05-21-2020, 08:26 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
Also be on the lookout for the Carolina (or Green) Anole. Slightly smaller than skinks, it can change from bright green to brown depending on where it's standing. I usually see them in leafy bushes, if I see them at all! They are quite common, but can be hard to spot.
I actually see them about every day, we have a fence in the backyard and it is their superhighway. I also see them in the front bushes and on the porch. Very hard to spot in the bushed, but easy on a black fence. This one is showing off his dewlap.