Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Weekly Challenge #495- Foot gear/Footwear- WINNERS
Posted By: noelcmn, 05-14-2020, 12:32 PM

An excellent batch of images, my pleasure to review such a lovely variety of interpretations and presentations for this challenges. Thank you for your submissions. And for making it a tough job to judge. Here are some of my thoughts.

SpecialK- Roller Coaster ride- What an excellent opening shot, a loaded story to this one. Beautifully composed, and I like that you included the sprays of water coming up from the bottom adding some mpore drama. Wonderful details and colors.

Vaskebjorn-Abandoned boot- It may be the only one you have of a shoe, but itís a keeper, and like SpecialKís shot, thereís a story here. Lovely textures to this, and that pop of green enhances the image very nicely. Canít fault the composition on this one- on the edge- already abandoned- whatís left? If shoes could talk!

Bruce Clark- Horse shoe-Like you out-of-the-box thinking, with a fine study in contrasting textures and colors. It surely has seen better days. Lovely composition. One can but wonderÖ

RGlasel- The Queue- What an interesting study, well spotted, and the top down composition works really well, and you cannot but notice all the footwear. Intriguing story-outdoor queue- must be for Ice Cream. Unless it was to buy stocking up food for the Lockdown!

Atupdate- Banner- Excellent banner- Iím sure your group/commissioners appreciate this, very professional with loads of details, with strong messages. Survivor is apt! I must mention the dual tones here-just lovely!

Eva-Clown shoes- Lovely and attractive shot, as is usual with such bursts of color. Beautifully composed, very nice freezing action shot. He must have a show to attend to! Like the minimalism of the shot.

Djb47- Hiking boots eyelets- the only Macro shot in the challenge, and an excellent one at that, fine detailed shot, and the angled composition works very well. Nice color rendition too, Iím impressed with how a simple thing can be made to look so impressive.

Kerrowsown- Beware- And there I was thinking itís the Irish that imposed their greenery on the world . Seems the Scottish are at it too! Iíve often wondered about the craze that enveloped the world with this Crocs, never having owned a pair. Humorous imposing shot, nicely composed, nicely detailed too, and that face is to die for! 1 up for the Scottish!

rod_grant- out with the old, in with the new- Hope you had a happy birthday. Just the kind of shot I was looking for, lovely story line, and a fine study in details and textures. The same to be said for the composition. Would have liked the full shoe lace one the new shoe, but that is nit picking, and Iím not in to nits.

Ramseybuckeye- Flippers Ė well that is what we call them around. An excellent minimalist shot, the angled lines work very well. And thereís a storyline too! Summer time is here! Harsh light very well handled!

Gump- Only 50 years ago- What a great shot, full of atmosphere, and as with many of the shots in this challenge, loads of textures The almost monotone works really well! Cannot escape the message- these were well loved, well used and enjoyed in their heyday!

Jacamar-Boot and hat Closet- well spotted, lovely travel tale, sure to induce some wanderlust! Spot on composition, colors are spot one. Says ďcowboysĒ loud and clear.

Aaacb- the walk to work?- The street shot genre I find a difficult one, and youíve pulled this one off. They do look like they are doing some sort of waltz en-route to work. Or going shopping? Love the pop of the pink dress. Nicely composed, and I am intrigued by the fella with the glove- adds even more mystery!

1st Spot to rod_grant-a Birthday present for a fine documentary shot!
2nd spot to Ramseybuckeye-an excellent minimalist shot!
3rd spot to Gump- another excellent documentary shot, with a great storyline!

I am happy to award everyone else a HM!

Over to you Rod!
Views: 394
05-14-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Rod, about time you got some new shoes And look what they've done for you already!

Nice and fun challenge all!
05-14-2020, 09:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to Rod and I all the other winners. And I am already looking forward to the next shoe challenge as I found another one
05-15-2020, 05:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations to the winners. Appreciate all your comments Noel. Well done all.

05-15-2020, 07:21 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congrats to the winners and thanks for the comments
05-16-2020, 05:20 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Noel. I would have picked something else, but there you go!
Well done to the other entries.

Challenge #496 is up.
Weekly challenge #496 - museum pieces. - PentaxForums.com