Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Weekly challenge #496 - museum pieces - WINNERS
Posted By: rod_grant, 05-24-2020, 03:37 AM

I consulted Mrs Rod for advice and she just said, "How do you choose?"
In other words there were too many worthy choices.
I won't try to comment on all images but I was particularly taken with quite a few.

Bruce - red always stands out. (I have heard it said that a photo with red in it will always attract attention.)
djb47 - things don't have to be complex to be photo-worthy, do they? Casual arrangement and a simple story.
Bigoak - great aspect, looking up. and I love the texture in the wood
atupdate - another simple setup - great light
jacamar - loved the image - possibly influenced because I really enjoyed the film The Imitation Game.
aaacb - the is absolutely no doubt about your subject! the light on the chair makes it sing.
RGlasel - really rugged museum pieces.

and the rest? a great lot of different expressions of the brief.
Thanks all for entering and enlarging my knowledge of history somewhat.

Now the winners;

1st - atupdate. Tim, the great light made it stand out. Everything from the light on the glass base, light through the fuel, light on the window frame and beautiful light outside.
Well balanced and I just kept coming back to it.

2nd - jacamar. Can wires and valves be pretty? Well, yes they can.

3rd - aaacb. nicely framed. just enough light on the coach. well done with available light.

Thanks again all.
Tim, over to you.
Views: 336
05-24-2020, 05:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks Rod, and congrats to atupdate and aaacb - a great crop of images this time round. Our visit to Bletchley Park left a big impression, and we enjoyed "The Imitation Game" as well (now on Netflix here in Canada).
05-24-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the third place and the comments, and congrats to atupdate and jacamar!
05-24-2020, 10:09 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Atupdate, Jacamar and aaacb. And thanks to our host for the challenge and the C&C's.

05-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks everyone and thank-you Rod for hosting this past challenge. The next challenge is posted here: Weekly Challenge #497 - Places You've Been - PentaxForums.com

Tim