Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winner - Weekly Challenge #497 - Places You've Been
Posted By: atupdate, 06-01-2020, 11:44 AM

I knew when I chose the challenge topic it was going to be a difficult one to judge. I was not disappointed. At first, I considered drawing the winner from a hat. But instead I decided to develop a secret algorithm based on picture quality, interesting subject, and general wish that I was there to take a similar image. Now on to the winners.

1st Place: nosiliwmit - I love how cropping off the front of the boat forces my eyes to look for the main subject until the leading line of the poll draws me past the seaweed to the water where it came from. Definitely a desired travel location not associated with a high tourist area.

2nd Place: StephenHampshire: Again, leading lines played an important role in this image. The narrow street getting narrower as it heads towards the back of the image rewards the viewer with a single, elderly couple walking arm in arm.

3rd Place: rod_grant: The face-forwardness of the center horse gives this image an implied leading line. I would love to tour Goorambat to find the other painted silos.

HM: djb47, cooks333, ramseybuckeye, and Bruce Clark.

Congratulations to Tim and I look forward to your challenge.

The other Tim
Views: 762
06-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to the winning photos, fabulous photo, Tim (nosiliwmit), great challenge theme, Tim (atupdate), and well done with the judging.
06-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to the winners.
06-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats to all the winners and thanks for a fun weekly challenge!

06-02-2020, 05:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A great challenge Tim, and congrats to nosiliwmit, a very fine image.
Tim, a "tour" of Goorambat would not take as long as it takes to drive from one town to the next; these towns are all small and in decline and the silo art is an attempt to gain a bit of interest.
I have started a thread showing a few more examples in this area, which is a two hour round trip from here at Wangaratta.

Silo Art - PentaxForums.com
06-03-2020, 05:22 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Rod, what a great series. Very interesting. Thanks for the link to the thead.

Tim
06-04-2020, 02:00 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great idea for a challenge, and wonderful entries. Congrats to the winners.