Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread

Caption Contest - June 9-15 2020
Posted By: Apet-Sure, 06-09-2020, 08:48 AM

The contest will run from June 9-15, 2020. Votes will be counted bright and (probably not so) early on June 16.

NB: VOTE ("like") FOR SOMEONE WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE AN ENTRANT....!!

Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well.

The "thread starter" is the moderator and must post an original photo at the start of the thread. In case of a tie the moderator will choose one to break the tie. After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP after by the current Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

(If this image is too big for your screen, go into your account settings and change the display size).

I just found out I won the last contest; sorry for the delay in getting a new one started. Here is a shot of Tucker (a girl) on the left and Sam on the right. Let's see what you think is going on here.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 1,572
06-16-2020, 12:27 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I did a re-count - you still only got three votes.
Any reliable witnesses? Like people who are not photographers.:

06-16-2020, 01:01 PM   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
Any reliable witnesses? Like people who are not photographers.:
well

judging from some of my posts, some might think I'm not a good photographer

will that help ?

Last edited by aslyfox; 06-16-2020 at 01:09 PM.
06-16-2020, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
well

judging from some of my posts, some might think I'm not a good photographer

will that help ?
I trust you realize my caption was humorously directed at you. I never expected it would collect any "likes."
06-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Wow, a three-way tie! Y'all are making it hard for me. Almost exactly one year ago (6/17/19,17/6/19 in Europe) I had to break a tie in the contest, and chose Gump as the winner. So, to avoid the appearance of favoritism, I felt I had to choose one of the other two this time. Sorry Gump.

I literally flipped a coin and......wait for it......

Kerrowdown, you won!

Thanks to all who participated.
Thank you for your conscientious process and applying all the necessary due diligence... as demanded in a decision of this magnitude, where the future of forum mankind will be forever altered next week.

New Caption Challenge is post ready to go...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/408894-capti...ne-2020-a.html

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 06-16-2020 at 02:05 PM.
06-16-2020, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #20
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I trust you realize my caption was humorously directed at you. I never expected it would collect any "likes."
I had that thought but I couldn't figure how to post this in the bounds of the contest

" now cut that out "

06-16-2020, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Any reliable witnesses? Like people who are not photographers.
My dog Tucker was standing next to me (the dog on the left in the photo above). She is not a photographer, and she is very reliable at being a dog.
06-16-2020, 04:52 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My dog Tucker was standing next to me (the dog on the left in the photo above). She is not a photographer, and she is very reliable at being a dog.
OK, enough said. I trust dogs.

06-17-2020, 07:56 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
OK, enough said. I trust dogs.
I told Tucker you said so. She gave me a blank stare.
06-17-2020, 08:38 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I told Tucker you said so. She gave me a blank stare.
So did I.