Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winner - Weekly challenge #500 : New generation
Posted By: Vaskebjorn, 06-24-2020, 04:38 AM

The week is gone already, there are great photos in this challenge which made judging not easy. I’ll give it a shot anyway .
Below some comments on all the photos. I’am not a technical specs guy, so no technical comments but more content related.

Atupdate : The little pup with the foster mom. I think this is a nice photo showing a very satisfied and comfortable pup that was “adopted” by the mom. I think it’s a good cause your fighting there which gives a lot of work. I used to breed Maine Coons ( I had 4 dogs and 21 Coons in the house) and I know how much work these little ones give and dogs don’t use the litterbox . So kuddos to you for your work.

Gump : The lonely Pronghorn. This is not an animal I have seen before. It doesn’t look to shy though (or you used a long lens obviously). But great how you got it to look into the lens.

Jacamar : A perfect photo how you got the mother with the little one. Both are looking in the distance as if they are contemplating about live. I guess it must have been quite a hike to get to the location. Extra bonus point by the way as I live in the Lamastraat . So the was an immediate connection.

Noelcm : That was some good timing on your side. The little Gnu, oblivious to the world probably strying to stand up as that is the way to survival in the wild.

Hartifnatt : great photo anyway Hattifnatt. I like how the kids look very satisfied, but there carrying persons a bit less so .

SpecialK : i really like this photo. The old wise men looking down on the palyfull younger generation that (probably) could not be worried at all about anything.

Bigoak : kids living their own live on their own terms. Troubles seem so far away at that age. Great “action” photo of these youngsters in your (or someones) frontyard.

Whelshbhoy : these “little” birds can be really pushy and this one does not seem to be an exception. You got this one sitting perfectly for you. Good catch.

Kerrowdown : very good “different” interpretation of the theme, i also like the “color choice” in this photo.

aaacb : it’s close to 30 defrees celsius (86F) here and my home office is even 44 (111F) your photo makes me want to put my feet into a nice cold stream.

1st : Jacamar
2nd : Kerrowdown
3rd : SpecialK

HM : Noelcm & Gump

Super honorable mention : Atupdate

Views: 732
06-24-2020, 06:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks very much Vaskebjorn, and congrats to Kerrowdown, SpecialK and the HMs. I'll post a new challenge shortly.
06-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Jacamar, lovely shot, beautiful composition. And extended to Kerrowdown and SpecialK, and my fellow HM Gump, and the super HM atupdate. Thanks for the HM and for the challenge and C&C's Vaskebjorn. Nice one!