Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly Challenge#501 - COVID Impressions - WINNERS
Posted By: jacamar, 07-03-2020, 11:50 AM

I was hoping for a few more entries but the quality of those submitted was high. Thanks to you all.

Vaskebjorn - a dreamy atmosphere and a great initial exploration of the capabilities of your COVID lens.
Kerrowdown - not much need for social isolation here - I like the colours, and the feel of the rhythm of the surf.
RGlasel - For a lot of Canadians (and probably Scots as well!) the curling rink is a major focus of community life even after the curling season is over. The bicycle reminded me of how many more bikes there are on the roads here in Toronto these days.
Noelcmn - the gleam of the empty pews, the missing congregation and the the solitary pastor tell a great story.

For his interpretation of the theme and the quality of the image I have chosen Noelcmn as the winner for this challenge.

Vaskebjorn, RGlasel and Kerrowdown all produced great entries and I have placed them in that order.

Noel - it's up to you to announce the theme for challenge #502.

Last edited by jacamar; 07-03-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Views: 742
07-03-2020, 12:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh Dear! More Work! I am honored! Thank you Jacamar! I'll put something up in the morning. Now I am too tired to even think.
07-03-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations, Noel, your image was my pick for first as well. Thanks to jacamar for hosting and judging, it was a real challenge to come up with images that fit the theme (which I think is the whole idea); here we are in the middle of a major shift in society and capturing the effects of that shift through photography is something that has real value.
07-03-2020, 10:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Jacamar for picking mine as second and congrats to Noel, also I do fully agree with RGlasel’s comment.