Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Weekly challenge # 503 - "Ethereal"
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 07-13-2020, 03:10 AM

My thanks go to noelcmn for hosting last weeks challenge and selecting me to set this weeks. So for this week my choice is a favourite genre style of photography for myself... "Ethereal".

I'm looking forward to seeing some dreamy delicate imagery.

This challenge will close on 19th July 2020 (Sunday) @ 18:00 BST.

Each week the new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax/Ricoh (DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge

A few of my ideas... to get us "off the blocks"

Views: 2,009
07-15-2020, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by The Valiant Knight Quote
So much so that it finally got me to make the transition from lurker to finally signing up and posting on this forum!
Well I'm certainly glad to have managed to evoke that kind of response this week with my challenge.

BTW welcome to the forum, now that we all know your there.

07-15-2020, 03:01 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My Neighbor......Peaceful and Elegant

07-16-2020, 03:43 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the concept of this challenge- ethereal always conjures images in my mind of that beyond what can be seen. So what does the light hide....

Last edited by CedrusMacro; 10-26-2020 at 02:25 PM.
07-16-2020, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chapel on a Mountain

I try this one, hoping it matches the subject. Taken earlier this year in the Bavarian Alps. By the way: I'm a hardcore fan of the Sigma 12-24! Cheers, Christoph

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
07-17-2020, 01:03 PM - 3 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Addo Elephant National Park landscape
07-18-2020, 08:42 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
one early morning in germany
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-20-2020, 04:08 AM   #22
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
Ok folks challenged is closed, I’ll get to judge as soon as I get back to base camp later today.

07-20-2020, 12:57 PM - 2 Likes   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My Comments & Winner For This Week

Thanks to all who participated and to those who viewed this weeks challenge.

I'd like to add just a few comments on the five particular images that caught my eye... just in the order they were posted.

1) aaacb, Sunlight woodland... The shafts of sunlight through the trees are just magical, both clean Blacks And Whites in this image, well done indeed.

2) StephenHampshire, Early morning at my local pond... What a delight, line astern Swans and muted soft colours palette.

3) atupdate, Smokey Mountains, Tennessee... Wow just look at the receding backgrounds and the atmospherics of this image.

4) The Valiant Knight, Natural rock formations... Great first post, hoping to see a lot more from this photographer. I'm not usually a fan of long exposure seascapes, but this one works really really well.

5) bigoak... One early morning in Germany. Powerful image, great tonal range well presented here.

OK so for me the winner is aaacb, Sunlight woodland.

Honourable mentions to both StephenHampshire, Early morning at my local pond and atupdate, Smokey Mountains, Tennessee.

Once again many thanks to all, over now to aaacb for next weeks challenge.
07-20-2020, 05:23 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Thanks for the first place I started the new thread here:

Weekly challenge # 504 - "Night Outside" - PentaxForums.com
07-21-2020, 07:19 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Congratulations aaacb. Great shot. Thanks for hosting Kerry down.

Tim
07-21-2020, 10:25 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats aaacb, StephenHamshire and Atupdate. Wonderful and interesting challenge. Thanks Kerrowdown.
07-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #27
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Thanks for hosting Kerry down
Your most welcome.
07-21-2020, 02:00 PM   #28
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Wonderful and interesting challenge. Thanks Kerrowdown
My pleasure, I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge.
07-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Thanks to all who participated and to those who viewed this weeks challenge.

I'd like to add just a few comments on the five particular images that caught my eye... just in the order they were posted.

1) aaacb, Sunlight woodland... The shafts of sunlight through the trees are just magical, both clean Blacks And Whites in this image, well done indeed.

2) StephenHampshire, Early morning at my local pond... What a delight, line astern Swans and muted soft colours palette.

3) atupdate, Smokey Mountains, Tennessee... Wow just look at the receding backgrounds and the atmospherics of this image.

4) The Valiant Knight, Natural rock formations... Great first post, hoping to see a lot more from this photographer. I'm not usually a fan of long exposure seascapes, but this one works really really well.

5) bigoak... One early morning in Germany. Powerful image, great tonal range well presented here.

OK so for me the winner is aaacb, Sunlight woodland.

Honourable mentions to both StephenHampshire, Early morning at my local pond and atupdate, Smokey Mountains, Tennessee.

Once again many thanks to all, over now to aaacb for next weeks challenge.
Thank you for the Honourable mention, this was a fun challenge
07-21-2020, 02:37 PM   #30
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StephenHampshire Quote
Thank you for the Honourable mention, this was a fun challenge
Your most welcome, your image was really rather special... which for me, made for a very hard choice at the end there.

But to quote another "Highlander"... "There can be only one"