Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Caption Contest - Tweak the Nose of the Terror Turtle - Now to End of August
Posted By: Astro-Baby, 08-20-2020, 06:30 AM

Caption Contest for the rest of the Month - (well now till end of August) mods if I am doing this wrong let me know or mod it.

Calling all punsters, poets, wordsmiths, marketing mavens, and clever souls. Here's another picture in need for a bit of text, title, script, or poetry.

Please submit your caption and do not forget to vote for your favorite by using the " like " button.

You are still allowed to vote with a like, even if you haven't entered yourself.

Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, script dialog, poem, prose, or scripted dialog — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well.

The "thread starter" is the moderator and must post an original photo at the start of the thread. In case of a tie the moderator will choose one to break the tie. After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP after by the current Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned. Enter often, vote more often. Good luck and enjoy.

As I managed to win the last one heres my starting image for you. Its original, taken by me in the Forbidden City last year.

Read more at: CAPTION CONTEST -- Sci-Fi Edition: Now through 13 August 2020 - PentaxForums.com

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-TZ70  Photo 

Views: 2,068
08-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The consequences of plastic pollution become evident as turtle mutates to eat plastic bags with unfortunate consequences for Mrs Chins weekly shop.

08-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Turtle Dragon--I love you !!!
08-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's your best punch? My grandma can hit harder than that.
08-27-2020, 03:03 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Forum Member

Nose candy

Well that's a whopper in there and it's hard as a rock!

08-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Peking Opera redux of ‘Alien’ opens to luke warm reviews

Sorry I know I am entering my own caption contest but this one just jumped into my head.
08-28-2020, 08:29 AM - 3 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Face covering! face covering! you want to get others sick???!!!
08-28-2020, 11:44 AM - 2 Likes   #22
smf
Pentaxian

Gesundheit!

08-31-2020, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well with only 40 minutes to go until the end of August it looks as if Uncle Vanyas likes are unlikley to be exceeded so I am declaring him to be the winner of this caption contest.

Step forward Uncle Vanya to receive the Palme d’Turtle and all duties and responsibilities so derived for outstanding contributions to jollity........to everyone else thank you for your contributions and please accept the consolation prize of the Mock Turtle award for attempted humour.
08-31-2020, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Well with only 40 minutes to go until the end of August it looks as if Uncle Vanyas likes are unlikley to be exceeded so I am declaring him to be the winner of this caption contest.

Step forward Uncle Vanya to receive the Palme d’Turtle and all duties and responsibilities so derived for outstanding contributions to jollity........to everyone else thank you for your contributions and please accept the consolation prize of the Mock Turtle award for attempted humour.
Thank you all! I'll look for a picture tonight.