Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52, Week 22 - Winners!
Posted By: Venturi, 11-05-2008, 10:19 PM

I am honored to share my unqualified (and partially red/green color blind) opinion this week and pick next week's judge.

garth1948 :: Nice capture and heads up shooting to see the humor and thinking to take the shot.

mickeyobe :: Great colors top to bottom. The blue sky really makes the already brightly painted doors pop.

weatherwise2 :: I really like how the vibrant colors of the flowers out front and the chartreuse door play agains the heavily weathered cedar siding and the two-dimensional feel of the shot gives it a gingerbread house vibe.

bbpa103, OldSchool, ll_coffee_lP and junkdon:: Thanks for sharing your prior works this week.

And now for the winners. My intent was to identify technical aspects of lensmanship or composition in the shots that had made them stand out in my viewing.

3rd Place. bramela :: I really like the shot angle you chose to use the reflected light to bring out the details; it works quite well.

2nd Place. xs400 :: If it weren't for the ATM sign and the modern bicycle this could easily be a scene from 40 years ago. And smart use of aperture to help compensate the shade against the harsh afternoon sun.

1st Place. gawan :: I have to ask - were you consciously taking into account that the number "3" was on the outer gate and the shot framed encompassed three "concentric" doors? I love the subliminal nature of it. Congratulations!

Thanks again to everyone for their participation and the opportunity to flex my critical eye.
Views: 2,651
11-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the vote, I appreciate that.
Congrats to all entries, some great efforts for a simple subject.
I picked the shot by Gawan as the winner as well.
Well done to all!
11-06-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for your comments on my picture, and thanks for the 2nd place choice. It's greatly appreciated.
11-06-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Jim, thank you so much for picking my photo! I did shot that image just because of the threefold gateway leading to the door, but the number 3 was a lucky bonus!

11-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Thanks for the mention. congrats to the winners. It was a good series.