Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners - Weekly challenge 516 - early / late hours
Posted By: Vaskebjorn, 11-23-2020, 04:01 AM

Well, as said, you all did not make it easy for me. This weeks challenge resulted in beautiful photos and I liked them all. Judging was not easy and things could easily be different if I had to judge them on another day. Somehow I am not able to link to the photo, so you will have to go back to the original message to have a look

1st place : ramseybuckeye, you swampy morning has fantastic colors and I do not know if a foggy photo would improve on that. I really like the detail you still have in the dark part of the photo and the blue diagonal cloud streak in the sky just adds an extra interesting item.

2nd place : SpecialK, very good photo of the Eifel tower, I realy like the bottom up approach in this photo. Also the orange color against the blue greyish sky works very good.

3rd place : Bruce Clark, i have to say you got a beautiful clean shot here. Great colors. It really was worth getting out of your bed early enough to capture it. I also love how you kept the two, what I assume are, windmills in the photo.

4th place : mkgd, great shot at sunset. I like how the little part of open sky separates the dark mountains and the orange clouds. The details in the clouds are a great touch although that is not something you can influence (I suppose ).

HM’s :
pkboy for his nice cityscape with the moon and what I assume is Venus.
Charliezap for this great shot of Venice, although the people might be looking at Nessie’s little sister on the far right of the photo instead, kuddos for not cropping that out of the photo.
Turbo_bird, great sunrise indeed, as if the sky is on fire. And using a K10, i have fond memories of it, it was the second digital dslr after the Ist dl that i owned.

Last edited by Vaskebjorn; 11-23-2020 at 06:41 AM.
Views: 671
11-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for your nice words about my photo, Richard. I am honored, sometimes you get lucky with nature. There were certainly many great photos in the group that could have been chosen. I will have the next challenge up soon.
11-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks and yeah it was Venus
11-24-2020, 10:41 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the second place. That Eiffel tower is the one in Las Vegas, though I have been to Paris as a kid.