Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS CAHLLENGE #521-Reflections of people
Posted By: noelcmn, 01-08-2021, 12:57 PM

Allow me to wish you all the very best for 2021. Only 8 entries, of which a few do not fit the brief, despite the reminder that images must have both the real person/s and their reflections. Still, I am gratified with the entries.

Atupdate- funny haha, one of those mirrors that distort you, with this one having an even more pronounced distortion of the girls face, especially the eyes. Nice memories those!

Aaacb-glad you updated your entry, this one qualifies a lot better, with a lovely story line. Given the times in which we live, its a nice bit of nostalgia of better days of freedom and fun. Like the echoes of color between father and kid.

StephenHampshire- this is one of those that does not qualify, though it is an excellent image, well spotted, creative portrait. But no real person.

BigDave- great shot, apropos the comment for aaacb image. Better times, better days. One big happy family in the outdoors, enjoying each others company! Nice one!

Ramseybuckeye-very nice engaging street shot of a photographer and friends, just when you go looking for the shoes (advertised) you get distracted by the many reflections such as that pedestrian crossing, The titbit of the real person qualifies this one.

rod_grant- nice reflection from the Morris, a photographer to boot. No real person, and therefore does not qualify.

Hattifnatt- another disqualified one, and a pity it is too, as it is a really interesting reflections shot, stunning composition, and mystery too! Would love to see her face!

Jchorst-what an interesting shot, for the simple reason that you seem to have gotten some movement/blur from the reflection and not real person. Not being water, I can but wonder how? Beautiful composition and I’d bet she must be quite happy with this one. Great in B/W

The winner is Jchorst, for that lovely portrait of a young woman and her reflection.

Thanks all for entering, and its over to you for the first challenge of 2021.

Views: 1,006
01-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Jchorst! Great portrait

Well done Noel!
01-08-2021, 06:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Noel for electing me as the winner - and for a very interesting challenge which in my view deserved many more entries. I really enjoyed the ones that were sent in, even (maybe especially) the disqualified ones. Will come up with a new challenge tomorrow.

---------- Post added 01-09-21 at 02:01 AM ----------

By the way: the reflection is in a train window. The train was moving, hence the blur.
01-09-2021, 01:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice photo. Emits a feeling. Congrats!

01-09-2021, 02:38 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep great choice for winner. Congrats.
And good challenge Noel.
(Shame I didn't read the brief fully. - And when I saw your reminder I knew I was out of it with nothing suitable.)
01-09-2021, 02:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ooops! I didn't pay enough attention to the challenge description congratulations to the winner!