Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Weekly Challenge # 534 Winners
Posted By: Bruce Clark, 05-21-2021, 04:00 PM

What a tremendous set of images to select from and a difficult choice must be made. The images seemed to fall into three distinct groups; perfect mirror images, images with some distortion due to ripples in the water and what can only be described as pure abstracts where the subject can not be readily identified. I like all of these types of reflections

Roquefort:- Looking for and finding an unusual angle.
robjmitchell:- This is a perfect reflection of a glorious sunset. You could nearly turn this upside down and be none the wiser.
ramseybuckeye:- Reflection of skylight superimposed on subject. A nice effect.
CedrusMacro:- A perfect reflection on still waters. Very colourful
Scrynine:- Section of a colourful building captured in roadside puddle. Well spotted
aacb:- B/W of trees in the water.
mariwalt:- A classic landscape reflection scene. Bright and colourful foliage. A great sky.
rm2:- Spooky. One could invent a thousand stories from this image.
gump:- A near perfect mirror image. I would not want to get too close to this character. Just a slight ripple to break up the lower half.
atupdate:- Lots of reflected items here, Heron, rocks, turtle, foliage. Nice ripple breaks up the reflections with subjects still recognizable.
Vaskebjorn:- Sunset and clouds. Dark and moody. Well balanced. I like the sun reflection towards the viewer.
desingly100:- Beautiful city lights distorted by slight ripple
SpecialK:- I really like this type of image. I am still trying to work out just what it is.
rod_grant:- A perfect pair. The symmetry in the pose suggests a second reflection in the vertical plane.
RGlasel:- A near perfect mirror like capture. Well composed
jchorst:- Stunning colours and great symmetry
noelcm:- Another glorious sunset. Always a favourite.
StephenHampshire:- A perfect mirror like reflection framed in an abstract composition.
jacamar:- A mirror like reflection of trees on the far bank

A hard one to judge: It could have gone several different ways but I have to make a call and I have selected rm2's image of the lady in blue closely followed by the crowd favourite by mariwalt.

Honourable mentions to robjmitchell and ramseybuckeye.

I now hand over to rm2 to host the next challenge. Good luck.

The fine print:
Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

1. Post ONE photo.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax or Ricoh camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Attached Images

Views: 858
05-22-2021, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats all, these images were all such high standards! Thanks for the feedback Bruce ��
05-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
rm2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a quick word of thanks to Bruce for hosting the challenge. I was very surprised my image was selected. I posted mostly for fun sake. And looking at all the great images you all posted, I had no expectations at all. Goes to show how subjective this hobby of us is. I hope to do well hosting this week's challenge. Looking forward to seeing some more of your amazing shots!