Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Caption Contest: July 1st - July 7th
Posted By: UncleVanya, 07-01-2021, 10:30 AM

The contest will run from July 1st through midnight July 7th, 2021. (EDT) Votes will be counted thereafter.

NB: VOTE ("like") FOR SOMEONE WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE AN ENTRANT....!!

Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well.

The "thread starter" is the moderator and must post an original photo at the start of the thread. In case of a tie the moderator will choose one to break the tie. After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP after by the current Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

(If this image is too big for your screen, go into your account settings and change the display size).

Pool season starts by -vanya_42nd-
Views: 1,180
07-01-2021, 10:46 AM - 3 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Son, I suffer from dementia, not color blindness. No way I diving into that!
07-01-2021, 10:50 AM - 5 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it ain't Saint Paddy's Day, we've got a problem.
07-01-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Two gems so far! You guys made me laugh.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 07-11-2021 at 06:17 PM.
07-01-2021, 10:57 AM - 1 Like   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

well when I bought it I was told it would kill the mosquito larvae

so it's ok with me
07-01-2021, 01:50 PM   #6
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Son are you getting me back for puting a small scratch on your car ?
07-01-2021, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Perfect. Your mama will love it.

07-01-2021, 03:54 PM - 7 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

We just have to wait til winter for this jello to set.
07-01-2021, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Zeb misunderstood "going green".
07-01-2021, 05:35 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The contest will run from July 1st through midnight July 7th, 2021. (EDT) Votes will be counted thereafter.

NB: VOTE ("like") FOR SOMEONE WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE AN ENTRANT....!!

Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well.

The "thread starter" is the moderator and must post an original photo at the start of the thread. In case of a tie the moderator will choose one to break the tie. After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP after by the current Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

(If this image is too big for your screen, go into your account settings and change the display size).

Pool season starts by -vanya_42nd-
Are you still making that damn Creme de Menthe?
07-01-2021, 05:44 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, that's looking quite a bit cleaner than ours.
07-01-2021, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #12

Did you pee in the pool, again?!?
07-01-2021, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Actually, that's looking quite a bit cleaner than ours.
Mark it is crystal clear now. Took five weeks. I use a method of pool care promoted by troublefreepool.com, the method works but we had several cold snaps late in the season and the cover was ruined last year so we started late and we started with pea soup. The cottonwood trees started dropping their junk so we couldn’t run the filter more than an hour at a time before the skimmer clogged and we had to backwash every two hours. Also they could only babysit the pool about 10 hours a day. Finally about two and a half weeks ago the cottonwoods let up and we were able to run the filter 24x7.
07-01-2021, 06:12 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ours is full of autumn leaves. It's a real mess because I only got a cover for it after the leaves started dropping. So, I need to clean the mess out, dose the thing with a shock dose of chlorine, stabilize the PH and get the cover on. Maybe Sunday!
07-01-2021, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"I said I was 'Green with envy' of the Jones' pool. I didn't say I wanted a green pool, you idiot!!!!"