Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Winners - Weekly Challenge #560 - Low key
Posted By: Yaki, 11-20-2021, 01:00 PM

It was extremely difficult to judge this Challenge and Understood that it is impossible to be objective no matter how hard I try. Then I understood that only think I can do in that situation is to be honest and hope to your leniency.
Well, that's my evaluation.
1. aaacb - Looks classic. Very pure image and definitely a low key one.
2. atupdate - Almost perfect on my opinion, and if there were not those glasses would not hesitate to choose it for a winner.
3. turbo_bird - The sphere catches the eye immediately but this is not its main value. There a so many hidden details and with every next review I find something new and I like this in pictures. For example - the shape of gils fase an is classic low key efect and the shap of the hand below is like a mountin.
4. Kerrowdown - Another classic low key picture. I feel that the light here i a bit too much.
5. Will in Seattle - Perfect technic for me. That golden G in the right is exactly what i like about the low key.
6. Vaskebjorn - Another very good picture but for me the detail in the light is a bit more then I like in low key.
7. SpecialK - Nice detail and light but there is Tooo much light to be a low key on my opinion. I may be wrong but this is not what I expected on this thread.
8. ramseybuckeye - I love cats and the combination with low light here makes the picture very expressive. Another very good example of low key. Only if the sheet was not white ...
9. noelcmn - This is a low blow - no a Low key Another classic low key picture with a cat in it. The only reason not to nominate this picture is my subjectiv preference to color Low key pictures.
10. rod_grant - One more classic low key picture. I like the way the light drows shapes here.
11. jacamar - Sorry, but here is too much light for my taste about Low key.
12. pacerr - One mor strong candidate for the victory - The picture looks surrealistic because of the low key technik.
13. RGlasel - Nice low key picture but i wold like it better with stronger contrast to outline the shape.
14. Hattifnatt - Nice low key picture but again a bit mor light that I like for that technik.
15. CedrusMacro - Pure and expressive picture With strong contrast and admirable technic - another strong nominee.

In the end I choos for a winner turbo_bird for challenging my imagination and The runner up is Will in Seattle.
This two days I was considering to choosе pictures of atupdate, pacerr or CedrusMacro and still sorry I didn`t but the winner must be only one.
The choice was really hard. Again Thanks to all who shared their pictures here and May the focus be with you!

Last edited by Yaki; 11-21-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Views: 660
11-20-2021, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A well chosen winner with Kristian's use of the crystal ball, I know what you mean about the more you look the more you see. Cheers for lingering on mine for consideration Yaki, one day I will nail it with a judge and get the chance for selecting the theme This was a really fun topic!
11-20-2021, 09:07 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A great topic Yaki. Well done.
Congrats to turbo-bird.
I'm glad that I wasn't the judge!
11-21-2021, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to Turbo_bird and thanks for the great challenge Yaki

11-21-2021, 03:06 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Turbo_bird. A very fun image.

Tim
11-21-2021, 02:26 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow, thanks for choosing my photo Yaki, there were a ton of great shots in this week's challenge. Congrats to the rest as well. I'll come up with a new theme and post it tonight.
Kristian
11-21-2021, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #7
Forum Member

Nice shots everyone.

11-22-2021, 04:15 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by turbo_bird Quote
Wow, thanks for choosing my photo Yaki, there were a ton of great shots in this week's challenge. Congrats to the rest as well. I'll come up with a new theme and post it tonight.
Kristian
Congats Kristian,
I took me two days of watching comparison and hesitation to come to this decision. Too many too good pictures and by my opinion all nominated deserve to be №1 but the rules don't allow it so in the end I choose yours. I wrote above why