Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43 Likes Search this Thread

Weekly challenge #563 - Opportune Moments
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 12-07-2021, 04:21 PM

For me one of the delights of photography is when a situation just comes along, for which your almost totally unprepared for... like a bolt out of the blue and just screams capture me.

So for this week lets have some pure fun... your image that is totally unstaged and that has presented itself to you, as you stand there camera in hand. What I always call the "spontaneous belter", but then as you all know... I often see the lighter side of life when I'm not actively working on a shoot.

Entries close in one week 14th December 2021.

Enjoy being frivolous, this week it's not about technical standards, composition and the like... but just the immediate capture of that brief moment before it's lost forever.

Here's a few from me that I hope convey this challenge.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 1,624
12-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Me thinks these Scottish people have something against me- giving me work over the festive period Thank you for the nod Kerrowdown, and the congrats from others. I'll have a new challenge up shortly.

12-16-2021, 11:34 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the comments, and congrats Noel!
12-17-2021, 12:20 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This chalenge was real fun Kerrowdown. Thank you. Congrats Noel - awesome shot! 👌
12-17-2021, 02:36 AM   #34
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Thanks for the comments
Your most welcome.

12-17-2021, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #35
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
This challenge was real fun Kerrowdown. Thank you
Thank you, photography is not serious all the time, we’ll not for me anyway.
12-17-2021, 04:00 AM - 1 Like   #36
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Me thinks these Scottish people have something against me- giving me work over the festive period
Well I thought you lads done there on the Cape, would be more sober than us.