Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52, Week 27 (No theme) Winner
Posted By: DanLoc78, 12-12-2008, 11:50 AM

As has been done before with the limited number of entries, I decided just to pick a winner. I really thought the lack of a theme would have encouraged more participation but the quality of the photos submitted more than made up for the lack in quantity . I did get my picture done but never got around to posting it, just too busy this week.

So here goes, we'll start with the honorable mentions...

virgil...i really like the composition and color in your shot. i can related to walking around the house on dreary days searching for worthy subjects inside. nicely done.

smf...nice orchid, great color in there and i like that it fills the frame. the water droplets add a nice effect, i'm sure you had plenty of flower shots to choose from if you were at an orchid show!

bruce...great bee. i think the contrast in this photo is fantastic and the silky smooth bokeh (where did this word bokeh come from?) with a green to black color gradient really helps the bee and flower steal the show. really well done.

peter...i think the composition of your photo is just stunning. rule of thirds? you have about 5 points of interest all staggered across this image. The lighting is perfect for me and it looks like you used a slower shutter speed to create the smooth water effect. Looks like you had really nice conditions for this type of shot as the blue sky nicely reflects in the water as well. I'm assuming you weren't standing in the water while taking this shot...but it looks like you were, and i think that also adds to the photo.

And this week's winner...

EAGLERAPIDS...i knew right away this shot would be tough to top (no pun intended ). the composition is great, the perspective (looking down at the clouds from above) is very nice, the lighting is wonderful, and you kept the detail in the clouds without the rest of image suffering. i could sit and stare at that for a long time. Can i buy a 20x30 to put on my wall?

You are now up to judge the "Emotion" theme which will end next Friday. Congrats Eaglerapids and very well done everyone!

Click here to see the rest of the images from this theme

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games/43203-project-52-we...-no-theme.html

And here is this week's winner from Eaglerapids...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 2,324
12-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Dan:-).
Thanks for the pm as I missed this somehow over the weekend.