Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners - Weekly Challenge #585 Down on the Farm
Posted By: atupdate, 07-29-2022, 07:38 AM

Thanks to everyone that took the time to enter this challenge. It started a little slow but had a strong finish.

First a few comments:

Gump: I agree that a ranch is a type of farm. Your B&W conversion brings a dramatic feel to the image.

Kerrydown: Very nice image. Great composition and processing. It has a post card quality that would entice me to visit the area.

Vaskebjorn: I’m intrigued by what type of equipment this is. It’s interesting what equipment gets left out in the fields.

Pacerr: I love Amish and working historical farms. This image could be from the start of the day or the end of the day but to me, it feels like heading home after a long day in the fields.

BelDel: No matter how barren the land is, sheep and goats somehow find a way to thrive in the environment.

Jacamar: The most modern farming technique entered in this challenge. Very interesting set-up to produce the vegetables.

Yaki: I find it interesting how the length of the cow’s hair is longer than the one in my example. Makes me wonder if it is purely geographical or somewhat the season when the shot was taken.

CraigR: The goat with his face directly towards the camera makes this shot. Great focal point to the image.

noelcmm: It looks like shearing season is approaching for this one in the near future. Strong composition and the depth of focus keeps the focus on the main subject.

ramseybuckeye: I very much like the colors of the sunset and the silhouette of the farm buildings. I keep looking for a great farm image in my area where I can do a 4 season series.

Jheu02: This is the most unexpected image in the whole challenge. The colors are great and the subject is very humorous. With a little cropping off the top and the left side, I would print and hang this on my wall.

Now the winners:

1st Place: jheu02 - This image made me smile and an image I wish I had shot.

2nd Place: Kerrydown – virtually picture perfect

3rd Place – ramseybuckeye – love the silhouette

Morning Skies | Tom Ramsey | Flickr

Thanks again for your entries and I look forward to what jheu02 picks for the next challenge.

Tim
Views: 467
07-29-2022, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to Jheu02 and the follow ups. Thanks for the challenge atupdate. As for the farm equipment in my photo, it was a simple cart with emphasis in was probably considering it’s state .
07-29-2022, 06:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to jheu02, and Kerrydown, great challenge Tim, I'm honored to be chosen 3rd in this very good field!
07-30-2022, 02:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks. And a good job to all. I'll need to come up with something worthy of the Weekly Challenge. Lemme think....