Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

#587 - “Cool”
Posted By: Vaskebjorn, 08-12-2022, 12:15 PM

Welcome to Weekly Challenge #587. Thanks to jheu02/John for the last challenge. As Hattifnatt was not able to host this weeks challenge, the honors fell upon me being the runner up, which means I needed to come up with a topic! This weeks challenge is “Cool”. As we are living in a heatwave at the moment my idea was that “cool” vibes were more then necessary. Anything goes with one exception being it can’t be a winter photo. So everything cool in the summer/sun is “cool”. A water feature, a cool early mornings or anything else you can think off. I am counting on your creativity here. I am not really into super technical but more into the feeling of a photo. I hope this challenges you enough and I am curious what you guys/girls come up with. I Included a couple examples.

The fine print:

Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

The Challenge will run until midnight Friday 19 August 2022 EDST. Judging will happen (hopefully) on Saturday. Good luck!

Rules
1. Post ONE photo.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread.
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Examples:

Read more at: Weekly Challenge #586 - It's Music to My Ears - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Vaskebjorn; 08-12-2022 at 12:21 PM.
Views: 1,237
08-14-2022, 06:32 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No reason to doubt, your brain apparently got so efficient you forgot it was there. That’s the ultimate state. Only way to slow it down a bit is with a glass of Islay and then preferably 18+ years old.

Ps. I would consider a photo of a glass of whiskey with ice as not cool. You know, just a drop of water from the same source or nothing.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
That's assuming the brain is still in use... I doubt my abilities on that front at times.

08-14-2022, 10:03 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
08-16-2022, 06:51 AM - 4 Likes   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No matter how warm the land is, the water off Nova Scotia is always cool (or downright cold....).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
08-16-2022, 09:53 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
Actually it’s not an age thing IMHO. It has more to do with the brain. You read the first few letters and your brain fills in the rest before you can read it because you think to fast. At least that is what I keep telling myself
Bit unfair on us Down Under if we are expected to get out a picture from 6 months ago.

08-17-2022, 12:05 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Depending on where you live in Australia, I do not think you guys down under have anything that would qualify as a winter “Up Over” or up north.). But I doubt you do not have “cool” summer photo’s, there is no age limit on the photos. The oldest so far is a 2012 one i think.
QuoteOriginally posted by Morton Quote
Bit unfair on us Down Under if we are expected to get out a picture from 6 months ago.

Last edited by Vaskebjorn; 08-17-2022 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Changing my mind :)
08-17-2022, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
A Fine Rioja This Afternoon

From what just has to be the "Coolest" glass on Loch Ness...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-17-2022, 05:03 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

This is a fountain on the Boston Common. August 2018, shot on velvia with the pz1p

08-17-2022, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's one I took in Summer back in 2007.
Attached Images

08-20-2022, 04:46 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay, but the challenge is closed.