Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
#587 - “Cool”
Posted By: Vaskebjorn, 08-12-2022, 12:15 PM

Welcome to Weekly Challenge #587. Thanks to jheu02/John for the last challenge. As Hattifnatt was not able to host this weeks challenge, the honors fell upon me being the runner up, which means I needed to come up with a topic! This weeks challenge is “Cool”. As we are living in a heatwave at the moment my idea was that “cool” vibes were more then necessary. Anything goes with one exception being it can’t be a winter photo. So everything cool in the summer/sun is “cool”. A water feature, a cool early mornings or anything else you can think off. I am counting on your creativity here. I am not really into super technical but more into the feeling of a photo. I hope this challenges you enough and I am curious what you guys/girls come up with. I Included a couple examples.

The fine print:

Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

The Challenge will run until midnight Friday 19 August 2022 EDST. Judging will happen (hopefully) on Saturday. Good luck!

Rules
1. Post ONE photo.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread.
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Examples:

Read more at: Weekly Challenge #586 - It's Music to My Ears - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Vaskebjorn; 08-12-2022 at 12:21 PM.
Views: 1,247
08-12-2022, 01:10 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just finished postprocessing of a picture I took yesterday trying the interval composite feature of my K 3 III after reading a thread about it. this is my third attempt and the first for now with additive mode. Then I read the new challenge and thought the Night river picture is very suitable here. In fact it was rather cool almost cold by the river with the evening breeze.

08-12-2022, 03:24 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is it really that cold in the highlands over summer? ;o)
08-12-2022, 04:03 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The river that forms Rainbow Falls near Hilo, HI

08-12-2022, 05:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cool Colors
08-13-2022, 12:11 AM - 1 Like   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
Is it really that cold in the highlands over summer? ;o)
Wot’s Summer?
08-13-2022, 01:51 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Although this photo is really really cool, unfortunately it does not match the criteria. Winter photo’s are excluded. If you want to exchange it for another one I can take it into the judging. Also cool you are still sporting a K10 by the way. I had one a long long time ago.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Chillin' to the new day... with new fresh upholstery.

---------- Post added 08-13-22 at 10:54 AM ----------

I had to double check this one, but you are from Australia I noticed, so a photo taken in June would be a winter photo, which is excluded from the subject. I know your winters are not that comparable to the ones overhere, but nevertheless. If you exchange it I can take it into the judging.
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
cold camelia

08-13-2022, 02:38 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
Although this photo is really really cool, unfortunately it does not match the criteria. Winter photo’s are excluded. If you want to exchange it for another one I can take it into the judging. Also cool you are still sporting a K10 by the way. I had one a long long time ago.

---------- Post added 08-13-22 at 10:54 AM ----------

I had to double check this one, but you are from Australia I noticed, so a photo taken in June would be a winter photo, which is excluded from the subject. I know your winters are not that comparable to the ones overhere, but nevertheless. If you exchange it I can take it into the judging.
My apologies… my bad.

It would also seem that I can not delete post, so please disregard.

P.S. Got there in the end… original post now in oblivion.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 08-13-2022 at 04:43 AM.
08-13-2022, 04:20 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

A cooling dip.

Tim
08-13-2022, 06:52 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
i still do expect a photo from you though. You live in Scotland so enough cool stuff there.
My apologies… my bad.

It would also seem that I can not delete post, so please disregard.

P.S. Got there in the end… original post now in oblivion.
08-13-2022, 07:40 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

i still do expect a photo from you though. You live in Scotland so enough cool stuff there.
Absolutely... just need to back to base camp and find something, or get to take something new, I've got 'til Friday next.
08-13-2022, 03:09 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oops. Sorry Richard.
Note to self: always read instructions IN FULL..
08-14-2022, 01:04 AM - 1 Like   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Oops. Sorry Richard.
Note to self: always read instructions IN FULL..
Been there, done that in this thread.

I put it down to an age thing... you?
08-14-2022, 01:49 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Actually it’s not an age thing IMHO. It has more to do with the brain. You read the first few letters and your brain fills in the rest before you can read it because you think to fast. At least that is what I keep telling myself
Been there, done that in this thread.

I put it down to an age thing... you?
08-14-2022, 03:01 AM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually it’s not an age thing IMHO. It has more to do with the brain. You read the first few letters and your brain fills in the rest before you can read it because you think to fast. At least that is what I keep telling myself
That's assuming the brain is still in use... I doubt my abilities on that front at times.