Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
#588 - Starburst/Sunburst Winners
Posted By: Yaki, 08-29-2022, 01:48 PM

Thanks to all who sent photos to make this challenge brighter.
Now is time for the hard part - to choose the star from the stars
First - a quick revue of how I see the pictures:

1. Vaskebjorn - Three in one great Idea to combine sunburst and flair and the mist and well chosen place to do it. There is something mystical about this picture And the leaves look so gentle there. With a little darker shadows I think I would like it even more but it is just my subjective taste.
2. Kerrowdown - Just were it should be. and the color flairs combined with the sunburst on overall grey background make a wonderful accent.
3. ramseybuckeye - great composition, great colours, great detail and great shadows. And the sun star in the sweet point.
4. aaacb - This star reminds me song quotes so strong that il use them as a comment "Shine bright like a diamond" and "I want that star. I want it now..." The monochrone is well choosen here. I just wonder how would it look in colors
5. gump - A beautiful landscape with wonderfully captured light of the rising sun. But the star is not very clear here.
6. atupdate - This night cityscape is a masterpiece in starburst theme. So well arranged and taken.
7. noelcmn - another perfect shot. I am quite sure I learned about sunstars seven years ago from a internet publication with this picture as an example.
8. jheu02 - Stars and cars go together very well. Like an Idea for a commercial.
9. NatureHike - This star may me little in this case the little is more. A real star final for this challenge.

As it is probably seen above I have Much more than one favorite and each of them cot be on the firs place, So I'll take a break for a breath or a smoke to be precise. then I'll choose one and probably be sorry for not choosing one of the others.

Now It is tim for the results:
1 - place is for ramseybuckeye - great picture Tom
2- place - aaacb
3- place - noelcmn

Honorable mention for atupdate and NatureHike
Thanks again for participation to all.

Pier Sunrise

Last edited by Yaki; 08-30-2022 at 07:57 AM.
Views: 605
08-29-2022, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations guys and thanks for the HM
08-30-2022, 03:24 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great shot Tom. Looking forward to your challenge.

Tim
08-30-2022, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great challenge Yaki and great judging. Congrats to Ramseybuckeye and looking forward to the next challenge.

08-30-2022, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats all. Looking forward to the next challenge.
08-30-2022, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Tom, worthy winner imho. Feel good photo that! Congrats extended to aaacb and the HM's atupdate ad NatureHike. Thanks for the surprise 3rd spot Yaki, and for the super challenge, the judging exercise and C&C's.
09-01-2022, 01:35 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Tom (ramseybuckeye ) wrote me that he wont be able to host the next challenge so according to the rules aaacb should announce the next weekly challenge.