Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52-11-2 - COLOR- One Color
Posted By: noelcmn, 09-21-2022, 12:36 AM

Welcome to the 11th Edition of Project 52, which I will be hosting for the year. Thanks to djb47 for hosting Project 52-10.
Let's get some Motivation
I have participated in a few Project 52 kind of thing and there are plenty out there. One of the many aspects that have come to the fore is the value of participating, one of them being how much you learn-about technique, out of the box thinking, getting to know your camera's potential and a host of other values. WHY NOT JOIN THE PROJECT! Besides some discipline, there is not much else required except if you are chosen the winner, in which case you judge the next weeks challenge.

Themes covered will include but not limited to:
Colour
Architecture
DOF
Focus
Exposure
Landscape
Lighting
Perspective
Shutter
Subject- Multi-subject challenge
People
Ideas
Shapes
Home
Animals
Seasonal
Leisure

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be to have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore. The theme/sub-concepts are chosen by the facilitator every week. You are only
required to submit a photo taken during the week of the challenge.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-11 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed. Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera. And we will include images taken with phones as well.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging. It is up to the discretion of the current week's
Judge to accept or decline early/late entries i.e. a day earlier or a day late. Usually there is some flexibility here to allow as many entrants as possible. BUT
PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES TAKEN DAYS OR WEEKS OUTSIDE THE PERIOD OF THE CHALLENGE. TRY TO KEEP IT AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
TO THE TIME FRAME. SOME FLEXIBILITY IS ALLOWED (after all life comes before photography) FOR OUT OF DATE/LATE SUBMISSIONS.
8. Additional images are welcome, but please keep them to a minimum. If more than one image is posted, make sure you identify your entry for the challenge.
Additional images should also please comply with rule 1 and rule 7.
9. Any picture taken from thread st
art date to listed closing date is acceptable.
10. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next weeks Project 52-11 and may not participate in the challenge.
11. The host/facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE IS "ONE COLOR" - Any color of your choice. NO BLACK AND WHITE PLEASE. THE CHALLENGE WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT (your time)ON SUNDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER 2022.

Have fun and good luck!

Some tips: https://expertphotography.com/monochrome-vs-black-and-white-photography/

MY APOLOGIES FOR THIS LATE NOTICE, WE HAVE HAD SOME SERIOUS ISSUES WITH LOADSHEDDING/OUTAGES SINCE SUNDAY. LET'S TRY AND SEE IF WE CAN STILL RISE TO THE CHALLENGE BY SUNDAY.

Read more at: PROJECT 52-11-1 - Color- A riot of color - PentaxForums.com
Views: 549
09-24-2022, 08:31 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I shot this orchid image and used a square crop, a sepia filter and an antique frame to give it a vintage one-color look.

K30/Helios 44M-6
09-25-2022, 11:13 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
09-25-2022, 06:24 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since I'm trying to be more active with my photography, I didn't want to pass this challenge up. I was originally going to shoot my red peppers, but didn't feel like taking off all the stems, so here's the water tank of our vacuum lit up by it's internal LED. A bit abstract.

09-26-2022, 12:28 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Obviously, I missed the deadline on this thread but realized it after I took this pic. So, I post it out of the contest.
09-26-2022, 12:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm sure Tom will still allow that Yaki.

Challenge closed. We await Tom (Ramseyebuickeye) to do the judging for us. Thanks all for participating.

Next Challenge is here: PROJECT 52-11-3 - COLOR - Complimentary or Analogous Colors - PentaxForums.com
09-26-2022, 02:37 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
I'm sure Tom will still allow that Yaki.

Challenge closed. We await Tom (Ramseyebuickeye) to do the judging for us. Thanks all for participating.

Next Challenge is here: PROJECT 52-11-3 - COLOR - Complimentary or Analogous Colors - PentaxForums.com
No need to do it, Noel. I'm here for the fun

09-26-2022, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had been traveling the last several days unaware that I was chosen to win the last one, so apologies for late judging, and thanks for selecting my photo of chalk.

It's supposed to be easier with only four entries, not when they are all good. We've got it all, landscape, abstract, still life, and macro-abstract, well done!

I have to choose and I'm going to go with Don's vintage look sepia still life, I like it slightly over the others, again all good and meeting the challenge. Nice job with those scratch marks too Don!

Last edited by ramseybuckeye; 09-27-2022 at 04:44 PM.
09-27-2022, 04:35 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Tom. I appreciate the nod.

Well done everyone.
09-27-2022, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Congrats Don, also like that photos. Nostalgic element is very nice! Thanks Tom for doing the duties.