Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge #591 -Cats
Posted By: Green&White, 09-25-2022, 11:24 AM

I immediately had several ideas for our next challenge. Now, I've been going through the Weekly Challenge themes for the last few months to not bump up a theme that was only recently held. Two ideas immediately fell out. I then went through my own photo archive and came across the image of the sleeping cat. That's it!

So, show me cat pictures. Cats sleeping, chasing, running, jumping, eating, looking at you or ignoring you, anyone who has a cat knows what I mean. And if you don't have a cat...

...well I don't have any either, but cats are found almost everywhere. For example, my neighbor has one.

And yes, I know cats are cats. But please don't show me any lions, tigers or anything like that, just our cute little house cats.

The Challenge will run until midnight Saturday 01. October 2022. Judging will happen (hopefully) on Sunday. Good luck!

Rules
1. Post ONE photo.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread.
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,137
09-28-2022, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You are about right with your begeistert. I can be the judge for that one . I speak Dutch, German and English “reasonably” well imho.

QuoteOriginally posted by Green&White Quote
These are all wonderful cats, I'm thrilled. ("thrilled", "begeistert" in german, is that correct?) But I'm looking forward to more photos...

09-28-2022, 02:36 PM - 5 Likes   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
"Inseparable"

Everywhere together...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
09-28-2022, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We've wondered if Fester has a little Maine Coon background
09-28-2022, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

09-29-2022, 07:38 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He very well might. Looking at his ears, although a bit small for a “modern” Maine Coon, they are set pretty good. I also see little tufts on them so that is also good. His muzzle seems reasonably squared so that would indicate MC (Norwegian Forestcats are more triangular). Only point would be that he has a bit of a weak chin, but he wouldn’t be the only Coon or Coon related cat with that “issue”. I would say, you could make that claim comfortably.
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
We've wondered if Fester has a little Maine Coon background
09-29-2022, 11:42 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Enthusiastic I think is a better translation- but then again-what do I know about German.
Sometimes I am lazy and ask Google for a translation and then every now and then a translation comes up and I wonder if it is really correct. Unfortunately, my English is not good enough without the help of Google. And you are right, enthusiastic would have been better.
09-30-2022, 07:55 PM - 4 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sleepy kitten

Koko just waking up from a kitten nap.

Attached Images

10-01-2022, 07:26 PM - 3 Likes   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My cat "assisting" me while I was taking some pictures of flowers on the dining room table. Its not in the exif, but this was with the SMC Pentax 55mm F2 (K lens).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
10-02-2022, 01:23 AM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The challenge is closed, I am judging now and will post the winners later on the day.