Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Weekly challenge 591 - cats - Winners
Posted By: Green&White, 10-02-2022, 08:45 AM

A big thank you to all participants. You showed us wonderful cats and it's really hard to make a decision. My decision is based on two things: 1. How do I feel when I see the picture of the cat. 2. The photo itself, i.e. bokeh, sharpness, image division, etc.

Please take into account that everything is just my personal subjective opinion and don't forget that I don't have a cat myself.

First place goes to

#1 Hattifnatt. Fibonacci is lying on the floor, paw up, maybe playing. The gaze does not go into the camera but towards something or someone that the cat is playfully trying to catch. The composition of the image is very good, the sharpness progression directs the gaze perfectly to the cat's eyes. And I like black and white photos.

Deciding on second and third place is really hard! But I have to choose a photo and that's how second place goes

#2 Kerrowdown. Humans and cats seem to trust each other very much. Both are not looking at the camera, but the cat has something completely different in view than the human. Maybe she'll just jump down to go her own way again. I'm not sure if it's an HDR image, but I think you created a duotone photo. I used to experiment with this myself for artwork and was never really happy with it, but your photo convinces me.

Third place may surprise some. For me it works

#3 gofour3. I don't like the restless background, I'm also bothered by the brown wooden chair behind the cat, but what an animal! Perhaps it has experienced difficult times, injured its ear in battle, lost its eye. Maybe it was an accident, but whatever horrible thing happened, it's strong and going on, come what may. My impression is that this cat is more of a wild cat than a domestic cat.

Congratulations to the three winners and I look forward to the theme of the next weekly challenge.

Attached Images

Last edited by Green&White; 10-02-2022 at 08:53 AM.
Views: 663
10-02-2022, 11:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the challenge Green&White, it was a fun one. Congrats to Hattifnatt and the runner ups. Looking forward to the next challenge.
10-02-2022, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great challenge, congrats to Hattifnatt and all, I enjoyed all of the photos!
10-03-2022, 08:46 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings from the darkness minions, this is Fibo speaking. Picking me for the 1st Place was of course a wise decision, me agrees with the rest of the winners. I will have the hooman think of a new challenge soon.

10-07-2022, 10:52 AM - 3 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I get the slight impression that Fibo forgot to pass on a message to a certain hooman .
QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Greetings from the darkness minions, this is Fibo speaking. Picking me for the 1st Place was of course a wise decision, me agrees with the rest of the winners. I will have the hooman think of a new challenge soon.
10-09-2022, 11:26 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hattifnatt is missing for six days here. Isn't it time for Kerrowdown to submit the new challenge?
10-09-2022, 05:44 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
I get the slight impression that Fibo forgot to pass on a message to a certain hooman .
QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
Hattifnatt is missing for six days here. Isn't it time for Kerrowdown to submit the new challenge?
Sorry for the long delay! Hooman was extremely busy, working hard to earn money for my food, so he completely forgot about the task. The new challenge is now up, HERE.

10-09-2022, 10:35 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Sorry for the long delay! Hooman was extremely busy, working hard to earn money for my food, so he completely forgot about the task. The new challenge is now up, HERE.
10x