Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly Challenge #82 - "Toys 'n Games" - WINNERS!
Posted By: ll_coffee_lP, 12-27-2008, 05:58 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope everyone was treated well by the big man in red, were able to spend some quality time with family, and most importantly - had a safe and happy holiday this year.

Once again, I'm honoured to be this week's judge and have been put to the task of selecting a best image from this week's contest.

So...without further adieu:

Notables:
DanLoc78

Love this image! Great DOF and very humourous. This one fought to get into the top 3, but was narrowly squeezed out.

DWS1117

This image is a tonne of fun and meets all the bonus criteria for the challenge. This image also was a contender for the top 3. I ultimately didn't choose this image as the more I look at it the more I want to see more of the surroundings.

Here are the winners!

3rd Place

by atupdate:

A great interpretation of the theme. Bright/bold, DOF, and interesting framing are all there. Great capture!

2nd Place

by Seamuis

Love this shot! I love the colour that is bright and bold (not quite over the top), the DOF is very tight, the framing is excellent, - but the show stopper is the dramatic lighting. This is an excellent image.

WINNER!

by xs400

What a fabulous image! The warm tones, the simple but effective reflections on the game pieces, the subtle but alluring lighting, the DOF emphasizing the white Queen. The image is bright/bold in a simple/clean manner that suits the photo very well. For me, the icing on this cake is the very effective FOV/framing. It isolates the image very well. xs400 is fast becoming one of my favourite shooters on this forum!

Excellent shots everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the challenge and had fun.

c[_]
Views: 2,812
12-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry, I forgot to mention - xs400 you are up!

c[_]
12-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to atupdate and Seamuis and the rest of the entries! ll_coffee_lP...thank you for the honor and the comments! It is greatly appreciated.

I will put up a new Weekly Challenge for everyone very soon.
12-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thank you for the mention and congrats to the winner. That's a very good shot.

12-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Great stuff everyone! Thanks for the mention. When I first saw Seamuis's shot I knew that had to make top 3. Congrats xs400!