Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52 - Week 29 Silhouette ; Results.
Posted By: Bramela, 12-29-2008, 04:59 PM

My sincere apologies for delay, have had some dramas with my wife having been quite ill over the past week.

To be honest, all the entries of a great standard, wish I could have awarded more than one winner. Congratulations to all, well done!

Highly Commended ;

Danloc : Lovely shot of the heron. Well composed. A beautiful shot, maybe just a little empty on the right. But hard to criticize.

Eclipsed450 : A really nice fog shot with dramatic lighting. Well shot. Felt others were
just little more slihouette in composition. No criticism of your shot.

3rd place : Daacon
Dave, well done, a lovely shot, and typical silhouette. Very nicely exposed. Only little thing that I felt, was the left hand duck heading into edge of shot was a shame. I,know cant help these things sometimes.

2nd place : Ash

A very nice early morning shot with great lighting. I have a bit of a leaning sunrise shots, and placing the figures in this photo, made it that bit more interesting.

1ST Place :XS400
Chose this shot mainly on the basis of originality. A lovely shot, with interesting colour. Well done, and congratulations.

Its over to you, Frank

Last edited by Bramela; 12-29-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Views: 1,966
12-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great choices thanks for third. Congrats to all seems now Frank is on a roll !
12-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #3

Is that the monterey aquarium? I have to say the National aquarium here in Baltimore doesn't hold a candle to the jellyfish exhibit in Monterey.

I used to spend hours as a kid in front of those displays. The magic was well captured.
12-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Indeed enjoyed the variety of the subjects, thank you all for sharing and congrats to the top three!

Regards,
D

12-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks for the mention! My shot actually was not intended to be a silhouette...i originally focused on the heron and intended to meter the shot for the heron...when i recomposed to try to show him looking out across the water the meter must have changed the shutter speed to expose for the water, which blacked out the heron. I loved how it turned out, even if it was by accident

Congrats to the top 3, well deserved for sure.
12-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's an honor to be chosen the winner. And thanks for all the comments. It's greatly appreciated

QuoteOriginally posted by southy Quote
Is that the monterey aquarium? I have to say the National aquarium here in Baltimore doesn't hold a candle to the jellyfish exhibit in Monterey.

I used to spend hours as a kid in front of those displays. The magic was well captured.
Yes, this shot was taken at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I also think the jellyfish exhibit is quite fascinating. It's my favorite exhibit at the aquarium.