Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
PROJECT 52-11-32-CAMERA AND LENS CONTROL- Bokeh
Posted By: noelcmn, 04-17-2023, 11:15 AM

Let's get some Motivation
I have participated in a few Project 52 kind of thing and there are plenty out there. One of the many aspects that have come to the fore is the value of participating, one of them being how much you learn-about technique, out of the box thinking, getting to know your camera's potential and a host of other values. WHY NOT JOIN THE PROJECT! Besides some discipline, there is not much else required except if you are chosen the winner, in which case you judge the next weeks challenge.

Themes covered will include but not limited to:
Colour
Architecture
DOF
Focus
Exposure
Landscape
Lighting
Perspective
Shutter
Subject- Multi-subject challenge
People
Ideas
Shapes
Home
Animals
Seasonal
Leisure

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be to have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore. The theme/sub-concepts are chosen by the facilitator every week. You are only
required to submit a photo taken during the week of the challenge.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-11 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed. Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera. And we will include images taken with phones as well.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging. It is up to the discretion of the current week's
Judge to accept or decline early/late entries i.e. a day earlier or a day late. Usually there is some flexibility here to allow as many entrants as possible. BUT
PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES TAKEN DAYS OR WEEKS OUTSIDE THE PERIOD OF THE CHALLENGE. TRY TO KEEP IT AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
TO THE TIME FRAME. SOME FLEXIBILITY IS ALLOWED (after all life comes before photography) FOR OUT OF DATE/LATE SUBMISSIONS.
8. Additional images are welcome, but please keep them to a minimum. If more than one image is posted, make sure you identify your entry for the challenge.
Additional images should also please comply with rule 1 and rule 7.
9. Any picture taken from thread start date
By default, attached photos will be shown below your message
Click on the button below to upload
to listed closing date is acceptabl
10. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next weeks Project 52-11 and may not participate in the challenge.
11. The host/facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.

The last of this sub-theme, this week we are onto Bokeh, which WIkipedia says "In photography, bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in out-of-focus parts of an image, caused by Circles of Confusion. Bokeh has also been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light". Both of which are a pretty good way of putting it. Most photographers will have an eye out for bokeh,

Besides the Wikepedia article, there is also some good stuff here: https://www.adobe.com/za/creativecloud/photography/discover/bokeh-effect.html

And here: https://www.pixpa.com/blog/bokeh-photography

THE CHALLENGE WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT IN YOUR TIME ZONE ON SUNDAY 23rd APRIL 2023

This weeks example is taken from the "Show me your Bokeh" Thread, by Kerrowdown.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/12-post-your-photos/501518-n...got-soaked.jpg

Read more at: PROJECT 52-11-31- CAMERA AND LENS CONROL-Flare - PentaxForums.com
Views: 807
04-18-2023, 07:39 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

04-21-2023, 11:18 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's that fiddlehead again! 🎻

Pentax K-1 mII and A*85f1.4 at f1.4, 1/3000s, and ISO 100
04-22-2023, 09:08 AM - 3 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An azeala after the rain against a bokeh background. K100D/F35-70 Macro

04-22-2023, 11:11 AM - 4 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
04-23-2023, 02:54 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And my proposal. This time - on time

---------- Post added 04-23-23 at 03:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by djb47 Quote
An azeala after the rain against a bokeh background. K100D/F35-70 Macro
I like this bokeh bubbles very much. What is the full name of the lens? I'd like to read mor about it.
04-23-2023, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
--I like this bokeh bubbles very much. What is the full name of the lens? I'd like to read mor about it.
Thanks, The lens is a Pentax F35-70 F3.5-4.5

More about this lens here: SMC Pentax-F 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 Reviews - F Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

04-23-2023, 01:50 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by djb47 Quote
Thanks, The lens is a Pentax F35-70 F3.5-4.5

More about this lens here: SMC Pentax-F 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 Reviews - F Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
That is a great lens Don, I have it and should use it more often, that's an awesome photo, I see it was taken at 70mm so I assume you used the macro feature, which is very useful.
04-23-2023, 01:53 PM - 4 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've taken several photos throughout the week and thought about this challenge, but nothing I was taking really worked out. Yesterday my wife picked out some new flowers and I planted them yesterday, took some photos this morning with the Tamron 90 macro lens. They are called Peruvian Lilies, I've never seen them before, or don't remember seeing them.
04-23-2023, 02:30 PM - 4 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went out looking for flowers on a rainy day. I found quite a few, but in the end I decided on this picture, which I snapped while waiting for take-out food.

04-24-2023, 05:10 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PocketPixels Quote
I went out looking for flowers on a rainy day. I found quite a few, but in the end I decided on this picture, which I snapped while waiting for take-out food.
Welcome aboard.
04-24-2023, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Challenge closed. Welcome on board Pocketpixels. The winner this week is djb47 (Don) an attractive image, sharp focus, wonderful framing of the flower with those bokeh balls! Well done! 2nd goes to our newcomer Pocketpixels. Thanks you all for your submissions.

Next challenge is here: project 52-11-33- PERSPECTIVE- Low down - PentaxForums.com
04-24-2023, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Challenge closed. Welcome on board Pocketpixels. The winner this week is djb47 (Don) an attractive image, sharp focus, wonderful framing of the flower with those bokeh balls! Well done! 2nd goes to our newcomer Pocketpixels. Thanks you all for your submissions.

Next challenge is here: project 52-11-33- PERSPECTIVE- Low down - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for the nod Noel.

Nice bokeh images everyone.
04-24-2023, 07:57 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote

Good judgment Noel! I completely agree with your choice. Congrats to winners! See you all in the next challenge, I hope
04-24-2023, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

Congrats Don on a well-deserved win. Everyone had great entries this week, so kudos all around! See you next time.